I'm an Imperial College and UCL 1st Class graduate. I am committed to sharing knowledge with other kids and young adults who are keen to tackle maths, science and engineering.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
A-Levels - Mathematics (Maths)
Pre-U Mathematics (Maths)
IB Mathematics (Maths)
IGCSE/GCSE - Mathematics (Maths), Chemistry and Physics
Higher Level Education - Chemical Engineering
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I achieved grades A*AA in A-levels in Maths Chemistry and Physics: This included 100% in C3 and 94% in C4 modules for maths, as well as 90% in Chem5 and 89% in Physics A2. I then went on to achieve a 1st Class Chemical Engineering Degree from University College London. Following my undergraduate studies, I pursued a masters degree: I recently completed my MSc from Imperial College London in Management.
- How much do you charge?
Maths - A-Level £75/hr
IGCSE/GCSE - Maths and Chemistry - £75/hr
Higher Level Education - Chemical Engineering - £75/hr
- Where do you teach?
I am based around SW6 however I am willing to travel anywhere within Zones 1 to 3 in london. Travel charges depend on distance to travel: This includes Parsons Green, Putney, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Chelsea, Westminster, Kensington, Fulham, Walham Green, Hounslow, Richmond, Wimbledon, Ealing Hammersmith and Camden. I teach both at home and at students' homes.
- When are you available?
I am extremely flexible with my availability. Depending on the location of the tutee, I can ensure I can find a suitable time. The locations I tutor in are: Parsons Green, Putney, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Chelsea, Westminster, Kensington, Fulham, Walham Green, Hounslow, Richmond, Wimbledon, Ealing Hammersmith and Camden.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
GCSE/IGCSE: All ages
A-Levels: All ages
Undergraduate Studies: All ages
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A-Levels, GSCE, Undergraduate study.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
If you are struggling, you need to still ensure you have faith in your own ability. If you lose that, there will always be a mental barrier preventing you from achieving results that will surprise you. If you're confident, and believe in yourself, all you need is a bit of hard work and the right guidance (me!) and you'll get there.
My guarantee to all my tutees is that I will ensure you get the best result you're willing to work for.
- What kind of experience do you have?
After obtaining my Senior Cadets Instructors Cadre, I tutored in the Combined Cadet Force for over a year. I was solely responsible for weekly tuition of 12 junior cadets through first year arms and drills training. All cadets passed their 1st year arms test as a result of my tuition and vastly improved their drill skills.
I have over 3 years of tutoring experience in Maths and Chemistry.
Currently I am tutoring Maths Pre-U, Maths IGCSE (Edexcel) and A2 (Edexcel) with all my students showing rapid improvement.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I do. Available on request
- Tell me about some of your current students.
1) In University, I tutored chemistry GCSE student to a BTEC student. He managed to achieve an A* in his Unit 1 Chemistry exam, improving from an "E". The student was brilliant, however not confident about their ability, so the first step was to guide them to believing they had the capability to do extremely well. Teaching the student was very easy once the confidence was up, we were able to go through the syllabus at his own pace and do well.
2) Currently one of my tutees is currently taking Pre-U Maths. This entrance exam is much more difficult than the A-levels, however, by encouraging the student and helping build their confidence in maths they are able to tackle the hardest parts of Pre-U.
3) I also have a tutee in a low set for GCSE Maths. Similar to other students in maths there is a lack of confidence which isn't helped by being in a classroom. Through 1-to-1 tutoring, she has been able to see how good she is at maths, and realised she is at a much higher level than she previously thought. She will be well on the way to achieving an A* by the new year.
• Chemical Engineering - UCL - 1st Class with Honours
• MSc Management - Imperial College Business School
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£70||£70||Not available|