Every teacher has her or his own style of teaching, mine consists of facilitating the progress of my students by engaging them in the learning process. I promote self-learning and want to help my students developing critical thinking skills and retain knowledge that leads to self-actualization. Once they acquire this curisosity and willingness to learn new things, they will feel more comfortable asking questions and will find answers easily by themselves.
I am a PhD researcher in International arbitration. I have completed my masters degree in international business law at Coventry University, graduated in Business law at Nice Sophia Antipolis (France), studied during two years at Mundiapolis University (Casablanca), and obtained my Higher school diploma in Ivory Coast by anticipation. I am a wanderluster, i love travelling and discovering new cultures.
January 2019- January 2022, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD in International arbitration)
September 2017- September 2018, LLM in International Business Law (2:1 Hons)
September 2016 - May 2017, Bachelor’s degree in Business Law (2:1 Hons)
Nice Sophia Antipolis University
October 2014 - May 2016, Bachelor in Business Law (1st Hons)
Mundiapolis University of Casablanca
September 2008 - May 2014, High School Diploma in Literature and Mathematics
Sainte Marie High School - Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Literature Baccalaureate: French (A+), English (A+), German (B+), Mathematics (B)
I have taken the opportunity to complete a number of short-term placements in legal firms. This has been invaluable in confirming my desire to qualify as a solicitor and afforded observation opportunities.
From September 2018 – Paralegal
Hogan Lovells – Birmingham, United Kingdom
• Review documents including court orders, e-mails, instant messages for complex and confidential disputes
• Hold responsibility to deal with all the French documents involved in the disputes, including decisions of the Supreme Court (Cour de Cassation)
• Organize the tree main documents namely the cover letters, bills and narrative by date for each case and each client
• Analyze and sort internal and external communications
June 2018 – July 2018 – Legal Assistant
DFERRARO GROUP LTD – Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom
• Held responsibility to deal with the dissolution of inactive companies, registration to social enterprises, judgments from council courts
• Drafting of skeleton arguments headed defence for the judgment courts and letters of intent
• Dealt with all the legal aspects such as the penalties, notices and the outstanding balance of the company
• Frequently used word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) in order to draft briefing notes, authentic acts and credit scores
June 2016 - August 2016 – Legal Trainee/Assistant
SCPA Kebet & Meite (Law firm) – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
• Taking notes during meetings with clients and hearings, requiring excellent attention to detail
• Held responsibility to draw up minutes of court hearings
• Provided secretariat service by receiving important documents such as contracts or paychecks, taking calls, preparing acts
• Assembled disclosure and documents bundles
• Frequently used word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) in order to draft briefing notes, authentic acts as well as my internship report
August 2015 - September 2015, Legal Trainee
SCPA Kakou & Doumbia (Law firm) - Abidjan, Ivory Coast
• Legal research in order to help the lawyers to construct strong cases
• Billing, storing documents, undertook due diligence
• Assisted the lawyers during their meetings with clients and hearings by taking briefing notes
• Acted at the secretariat service by taking calls and receiving important documents
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
November 2018, Fundraiser
Home Fundraising, United Kingdom
This position involves calling on people door to door to ask them to donate and raise awareness of the charities we are supporting, at local and national levels. It requires to travel frequently during the day in order to inspire new supporters
May 2017 - June 2017, Amanuensis (volunteering)
CAEH (Disabled unit at Nice Sophia Antipolis University)
This is a position with a responsibility to help students with disabilities during their period review. It involves patience, speed, empathy and good writing skills.
• Assisted disabled students throughout the examination period by note-taking during examinations on their behalf
HONOURS AND AWARDS
• CMI Level 7 Certificate in strategic management and leadership
• CMI Level 7 in Professional consulting
• Highly organized
• Eager to learn
• Good communication skills
• Energetic, proactive and effective in the daily performance of my tasks
• Languages: French (Native, Expert), English (Advanced), German, Arabic & Latin (Basic)
• IT: Proficient user of Microsoft Office, good command of social networks and expert user of search engines and legal databases such as Westlaw.
Reading, especially French literature and personal development allowing me to escape, get a little culture but also to improve myself in the daily life.
Passionate of law since my childhood inspired by some relatives who work as lawyers.
Travels: visit as many countries as possible in order to discover new cultures see the world, visit historical places, enrich my knowledge as much as I can and be more open-minded.
Music which represents an escape as well as an excellent form of expression.
Organized and managed para-university activities (2015-2016, 2016-2017)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|