I am happy to teach children from a very young age in a playful manner, help primary and secondary pupils prepare for school tests and exams, or just give them a better understanding of the French language in general. I am equally happy to help people of all ages, who want to improve their existing receptive and productive language skills, or teach anyone starting from zero. During the first class I intend to conduct a needs analysis and a level test, to then be able to tailor the lessons according to my student's needs, interests and abilities. While the main focus will be on the language area that the student wants to improve in, I will equally be adding small tasks to each lesson that will serve the improvement of other areas where I notice weaknesses. I pay meticulous attention during lessons to detect any difficulties, and instead of correcting my students harshly, I give them a chance to correct themselves. I strongly believe that when given this opportunity, learners of languages are far more likely to remember the correct forms. I always make sure that my lessons are fun, interesting and very interactive.
I am a French and Global Cinema and Culture graduate with a degree from the University of Stirling. Shortly after graduating I did a TEFL course which allowed me to work as an English language teacher in France and Spain with a variety of age groups. Thanks to this course as well as my work experience, I learnt very valuable teaching methodologies which I am ready to apply to other languages. I am very passionate about French language and culture. I spent a semester at a university in the South of France while I was still studying, and shortly after graduating I returned to the South-West to live and work for 6 months. Apart from possessing an excellent grasp of the French language, I believe I have a strong ability to explain things in a clear manner, and I am very patient.
The classes are £15/1h if they take place at my home, and £20/1h if they take place at the student's home.
10/2017 - 03/2018 TEFL Org UK, Glasgow, SCOTLAND
TEFL Certificate, 150-hour Premier Course
• 120 hours online: grammar, TEFL methodology, teaching young
learners, large classes and Business English, teaching over the telephone.
• 30 hours in class: lesson planning and delivering.
09/2013 - 06/2017 University of Stirling, Stirling, SCOTLAND
Bachelor of Arts with Honours in French and Global Cinema and Culture
• French modules covered the development of receptive and productive
language skills, translation between French and English as well as
Francophone culture, history and politics.
• Global Cinema and Culture modules covered the close analysis of art
house films and theoretical cinema.
• Semester Abroad at Aix-Marseille University, FRANCE.
• Final Grade: 2.1.
07/2019 - 08/2019 Diverbo Pueblo Inglés Summer Camp, Jaén, SPAIN
• Led and supervised various activities.
• Encouraged campers to participate.
• Made sure only English was spoken at all times.
01/2019 - 06/2019 The Green Monkey Language Academy, Madrid, SPAIN
ENGLISH FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER
• Taught General English to teenagers and adults.
• Prepared students for language exams.
• Planned lessons using personal and provided teaching materials.
10/2018 - 06/2019 Auxiliaries de Conversación Programme, Madrid, SPAIN
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSISTANT
I.E.S. El Lago Vocational School, Madrid, SPAIN
• Helped students with Business English through oral activities.
E.E.I. El Belén Nursery School, Madrid, SPAIN
• Taught young learners English through songs, rhymes and flashcards.
03/2018 - 09/2018 Freelance, Bordeaux, FRANCE
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Helped adults with English grammar and pronunciation.
• Worked on improving the students' receptive and productive skills.
• Prepared classes using personal teaching materials.
05/2018 - 09/2018 Bordeaux Walks, Bordeaux, FRANCE
• Showed groups of tourists around the city of Bordeaux.
• Guided tours in English, French and Hungarian.
• Made sure everyone was safe at all times.
01/2018 - 03/2018 Workaway, Jerez de la Frontera, SPAIN
VOLUNTEER ENGLISH TEACHER
• Taught English to a group of young learners playfully.
• Introduced the children to aspects of Scottish culture.
01/2017 - 01/2018 Forth Valley Language Support, Forth Valley Area, SCOTLAND
• Interpreted in hospitals and doctors' offices.
• Interpreted during casework meetings.
08/2016 - 01/2018 Freelance, Stirling, SCOTLAND
• Provided after school and evening childcare.
• Assisted children with homework and school projects.
• Organised educational day trips.
English, Hungarian, French - fluent
Spanish, Italian, Romanian - conversational
2015 University of Stirling
BEST PERFORMANCE IN FRENCH IN YEAR 2 BY A FORMER BEGINNER
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|