I base my classes on the needs of each student. First my emphasis is getting to know their skills and where they need training the most. And then continue to widen their vocabulary various topics and strengthen their confidence in using their knowledge in speech and writing.
I am an adaptable and conscientious multilingual Administrator, experienced in working in multicultural organisations and who thrives in a varied and busy environment. Fluent in 3 languages and conversant in 4 others; recognised as an excellent problem-solver and multi-tasker.
I have been tutoring A-level students in local secondary school both in group lessons as well as privately. I love to see my pupils not only to achieve better marks abut even to exceed their own expectations.
Samuel Taylor Ltd (STL), Redditch April 2018 – Present
UK’s leading manufacturers of precision stamped components and metal assemblies typically used in electro-mechanical switches as well as sophisticated bonding of base and precious metals.
• Re-pricing of existing customer quotes based on customer requirements
• Following up emails and phone calls and any other contact with customers
• Acting as the customer’s representative at STL
• Assisting where required in sales & marketing to support STL business strategy
• Liaising information between sales & planning
• Arranging and attending exhibitions and customer visits
• Knowledge of engineering drawings/customer requirements
• Covering sales administration team in entering sales orders into STL system
• Following up the processing and manufacturing of customer orders and ensuring shipping schedules are being met
• Assisting in arranging exceptional shipments requiring knowledge of UK regulations of Customs for Export and Import
• Updating STL website and writing articles and press releases
Production Control Assistant Sept 2017 – March 2018
• production control and planning of various parts of the business
• design of new systems and processes & the modification and improvement of existing systems and processes
• planning the purchasing of materials for production, storage and transport
• implementation, maintenance and use of software & associated systems
Claire’s European Services Ltd, Birmingham April 2016 – August 2017
One of the world’s leading specialty retailers of fashionable jewellery and accessories for young women, teens, tweens and kids operating in 47 of countries with an annual turnover of 1.2 billion $.
Multilingual Store Operations Support December 2016 – August‘17
• Promoted to position of Store Support after 6 months due to reputation in previous role and fluency in English and German.
• Commended by department manager for rapid assimilation into new department and adapted very quickly to new working environment with minimal supervision and training.
• Ensured excellent support for the stores by planning, organising and communicating all programmes, launches and tasks in a timely manner and on a right first time basis, enabling stores to focus on driving sales.
• Acted as competent communication link between regional managers, district managers and European offices; providing ongoing field support.
• Quickly recognised as the office expert for accuracy and attention to detail when checking operational documentation.
• Approved to proof-read documents which have been translated from English to German due to high-level of fluency.
• Contributed significantly to positive working environment by acknowledging colleagues’ achievements and supporting team members.
Multilingual Customer Service Advisor April – December 2016
• Handled a wide range of customer enquiries (via E-mail, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Amazon) specialising in the German speaking region. Regularly achieved 100 % or more of allocated customer contacts and provided prompt and accurate advice and solutions.
• Translated support materials and instructions for display for the stores in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
• Covered Head Office reception during receptionists’ breaks and supported Store Operations Coordination team during peak periods.
Global Connection, City Coordinator for São Paulo, Brazil 2013 – 2015
Independent, international organisation exclusively dedicated to expat partner support
• Welcomed new Global Connection expat members to Sao Paulo
• Collected and checked all relevant expat information about Sao Paulo including security of areas, availability of parking as well as providing photos/videos of relevant locations, and created and regularly updated GC City Page
• Provided feedback from field and served as link between Global Connection and expat partners in Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Exchanged relevant information between other coordinators in South America
Marimekko GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany 2004-2011
Interior design and fashion house, well known in Nordic countries and Japan
Sales, Marketing and PR Assistant
• Daily use of specialist database, Microsoft Word, email, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet to input data, produce business documentation and source information.
• Maintained client database; inputted detailed and accurate client information
• Accurately recorded client enquiries and took orders; issued individual reference identification numbers and codes into warehousing and order database
• Devised the invoicing system of Marimekko GmbH for the orders from model collection from the German customers and collected and updated the stock of product loans for press end PR.
• Worked closely with manager, helped to organise meetings and refreshments for customer visits to the showroom and assisted in presenting the new collection of fashion and interior decoration.
• Handled 100 daily calls, established needs of client companies throughout Finland or Germany in order to process enquiries quickly and efficiently
Canon Deutschland GmbH, Krefeld, Germany 1998-2003
Assistant Planning and Marketing Coordination – Consumer Products (Printers, Ink cartridges, Photo and special print papers)
• Coordination of logistics and purchasing from Japan and administered necessary documentation to ensure that required stock levels were maintained
• Assisted manager in budgeting, to plan purchasing, product modifications and research in during fairs (CeBit, IFA, Photokina)
• Served as link between other logistics and planning departments of Canon in Europe.
Hapag-Lloyd Container Line GmbH, Hamburg, Germany Summer 1997
Internship: Marketing – Product management, Eastern Hemisphere
• Created a product brochure of the container shipping service specified for Middle- and Far-East route.
• Handled daily calls, established needs of client companies throughout Europe in order to process enquiries quickly and efficiently
Telekom Finland Oy, Helsinki, Finland 1995 – 1997
Customer Adviser (during studies, part-time)
• Accurately recorded client enquiries and took orders; issued individual reference identification numbers and codes into customer database and opened as well as modified mobile phone connections of customers
• Handled 250 daily calls, responded efficiently to customer calls, requests and advised in the use of their mobile connection
Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK / 1997-1998
Hanzehogeschool van Groningen, Netherlands
Master of Science in International Business
Helia – Helsinki Business Polytechnic, Finland 1993-1996
Bachelor of Business Administration
Etu-Töölön lukio (6th Form), Helsinki, Finland 1991
Graduation – High School Diploma
Finnish Mother tongue
English Fluent speaker (Cambridge Proficiency Exam – B)
Swedish, French Basic (au-pair in Luxemburg 1992)
Microsoft Windows 7,8,9,10, Office, Production and WMS system of Marimekko, Canon, STL and CRM system at Claire’s (Salesforce)
2015 – present Teacher in Finnish School Association in Birmingham
2016 – 2018 Assisting 6th form students for German final exams, Tudor Grange Academy
2015 – 2017 Parent volunteer in Langley Primary school, Solihull
2012 – 2015 Teacher in the Finnish School Association in São Paulo, Brazil
2002 – 2003 Chairman in Playgroup Centre, Germany
PERSONAL INTERESTS and DETAILS
• Skiing in the Alps
• Walking in nature reserves and national parks, local biking tours
• Sewing clothes, interior decorations and craft-making
• Reading for leisure
• Full, clean driving licence and DBS Disclosure
• Introduction course to Customs for Export Import from British International Freight Association February 2020
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£14|