My teaching method is mainly through visual instruction, with written tasks or charts and videos. I am aiming to teach highschool students to college students. A lesson would start with a short introduction, with a particular theme in mind. For creative writing lessons, I would start with either a video or reading to them a short chapter from either contemporary or classical literature that illustrates to them good writing. I will then describe from that example, how the author has made that story work, with plot, descriptions, character, point of view, to give the student time to think of their own ideas. Then with a set of chosen themes, allow the student to choose one to write a 50-100 piece about it, with feedback. I will try to use different themes for activities, sometimes it might be fairytale styles, or past experiences in a journal style writing.
I am currently a masters student studying Multimedia Journalism, and my undergraduate was History.This will be the first time I have ever done tutoring. I believe I have good communication skills and listening skills, able to communicate with anybody, and build that professional relationship with students.
Hillside Road, Hyde
I consider myself an articulate and conscientious individual who can communicate to customers on all levels. I believe I have the ability to work as part of a team or individually to deliver and maintain a high standard of service. I have a friendly, approachable personality. I find it easy to work with people from diverse backgrounds. I am now looking for a new and challenging position; one, which will make best use of my existing skills, experience, and further my career development. I am fully flexible to my working hours and available to start immediately.
Key Skills and Qualities
• Can work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced service driven environment
• Can use HTML and CSS
• Confident communication and writing skills
• Delivering exceptional customer service
• Full Clean Driving Licence with own vehicle
Home Cinema Volunteer September 2016-
• Helping customers with their queries
• Guiding customers to where they should be going
Verve People Team Member August2016-May 2017
• Travelling around the North West to various venues
• Meeting and greeting customers
• Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis
• Liaising with kitchen staff to ensure customer orders was complete correctly
• Taking alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to customer tables
• Answering any queries from customers
• Cash handling large sums of money and taking customer payments
• Working part of a team to ensure events ran smoothly
• Driving other members of staff to venues which we have been located to work
Manchester Museum Object Handler April 2016-Present
• Helping visitors with their queries such as directions
• Involved in different projects such as the allotment and big Saturday engaging with members of the public
• Speaking to visitors in a warm, friendly manner about the different objects on view
Barnardos Volunteer Nov 2015–April 2016
• Approaching customers and helping them with their needs
• Operating the till systems, including cashing up
• Putting up posters and promotional material for sales etc
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the retail shop at all times
• Completing all necessary paper work at the start and end of shift
• Replenishing stock on shelves
• Constantly updating and replenishing sales display areas.
• Organising donations and tagging clothing
Manchester Cathedral Volunteer Feb 2015–March 2016
• Meeting and greeting the public
• Handing out literature and marketing and information leaflets
• Providing excellent customer service at all times
• Following Cathedral policies ensuring I remain professional yet approachable at all times
Education and Qualifications
Manchester Metropolitan University 2017-
• MA Multimedia Journalism
• 2 Week Employability and Customer Service Skills Course
Open Rewards Manchester College 2015
• Problem Solving in the work place level one
• Teamwork skills level three
• Volunteering level one
Manchester Metropolitan University 2011-2014
• BA Honours History Degree 2.2
Poynton 6th Form College 2007—2009
• 4 A-levels, in Geography, History, Psychology and Religious Studies.
Poynton High School 2004—2006
• 5 GCSE’s in Geography, History, ICT, Science
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, journalism lessons for all!
Taking theology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|