I am an experienced pianist who gives lessons to beginners and early intermediate standards. I am a firm believer that practice makes perfect, however knowing the correct way to practice will greatly improve your playing. I am a positive energetic person who is passionate about the piano and is keen to pass on this passion to fellow pianists starting out on their journey.
Teaching experience: Teach First - Secondary school English Teacher GCSE and A level
Piano qualifications: Grade 7 classical piano, currently studying for my grade 8 to take later this year.
Piano experience: Teaching family friends grades 1-3, performance at recitals and composition.
4 Bangalore Street, Putney, SW15 1QE, (concealed information) (concealed information)3
Durham University 09/2013- 06/2016
• Anthropology, 2.1
• Competitive member of the University Athletics and Cross Country Team.
• Helped to organise events for the Italian Society Inc.: Aperitvo evenings and trips to the opera.
• A member of Durham Student Theatre.
Dauntsey’s School 09/2008- 07/2012
• A levels – History (A), Geography (A) and English (B)
• Deputy Head of House, House Sport Representative, member of 1st tennis and cross-country teams.
Lepus Music- Founder 11/2016 - Current
• Founded the website (concealed information)
• On moving to SW London found that there was little opportunity to easily access information on local music. Consequently, decided to set up a website that provides live gig reviews, weekly recommendations and takes you behind the scenes with interviews and exclusive recordings.
• Lepus is active across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
• Currently shooting a promotion video in order to maximise audience reach and engagement.
Teach First- Secondary School English Teacher 06/2016- 11/ 2016
• Participant on the Teach First Leadership Development Programme
• Taught two KS3 classes, a GCSE class and an A level class.
• All my classes were on or above expected progress by the autumn half term.
• The school was classified by Ofsted to be in ‘Special Measures’, consequently, in classes of 35 pupils, behaviour management had to be excellent.
• Highly successful in conflict management and resolution: e.g. a parent who speaks little English is angry that their son is in detention and demands a meeting with the teacher, head of department and the student. The meeting was held and conflict positively resolved.
• With no prior teaching experience it was essential to learn fast in order to plan, prepare and deliver exceptional lessons.
Primate and Predator Research Project (South Africa): 09/2015 - 10-/2015
• Quantitative and qualitative data collection and processing to deliver reports for the project.
• Invited onto project as second year results placed me with the top 12 students in the year.
FMC Catering – Wimbledon Championships 06/2014 and 06/2015
• Head waitress of a team of 5 working in the Member’s restaurant.
• Underwent silver service training prior to the job
• Key duties included briefing my team as to which members would be on our tables and how many guests. I also held debriefs at the end of the day to highlight successes and areas in need of improvement.
Film Set of Salmon Fishing In the Yemen 04/2010 – 05/2010
• Assistant to 2nd AD on the London location.
• My duties ranged from organising extras on set to looking after Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt’s requests.
SKILLS & INTERESTS
• French – basic conversational
• Microsoft office, Word, Excel, SPSS Statistics, Google Analytics, social media, website design and wordpress.
• Piano grade 7, due to take grade 8 this year
• Singing and song writing folk and R&B music.
• Bouldering (a form of climbing) a member of the Hangar where I climb twice a week and enter competitions.
• Surfing- Whenever I get the chance I head down to North Devon to catch a good swell.
• Competitive running, completing half marathons every quarter.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£175||Not available|