I cater my lessons to each of my students! From learning songs via ear, to understanding music theory and Instrument technique, I believe guitar playing should be a fun and gratifying. So it is my job as a tutor to pursue whichever avenue of music the student wants to delve into! Keen to explore, eager to challenge.
I am a freelance guitarist based in London, and have just finished studying a BA(hons) Degree in Music Industry Practice at the Academy of contemporary music (ACM). I've played many gigs, from small scale productions, to corporate functions and events. I have also worked with numerous artists in studio and live settings, playing in venues up and down the country. With this first-hand industry experience I can provide the most relevant and practical skills to any of my music students.
Personal Profile Statement
As a recent Music Industry Practice graduate with a 2:1 BA(hons) Degree, I am looking to use my skills and experience to secure a teaching job role. Having studied under a prominent figure in the industry, Giorgio Serci (who has played for Jools Holland and many more), I am able to deliver lessons in Music theory, Guitar technique and Songwriting. I’m a qualified and passionate musician, with over three years of experience in recording and live performance. Also having worked in a guitar shop on Denmark Street for a number of years, I have a thorough understanding of instruments and musical equipment, as well as delivering a high level of customer care.
- 2008 – 2013 - 10 GCSE’s (A*-C grade) Including Maths and English. The John Roan School.
- 2015 Grade 6, Level 3 certificate in Rock and pop Guitar. Trinity College London.
- 2015 – 2017 – RSL Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners. Pathway: Performing. Access to Music London.
- 2018 – 2020 - Music Industry Practise BA Hons degree: 2:1. Middlesex University (ACM Guildford).
- 2015 – 2018 – Hanks Guitar shop
27 Denmark St, West End, London WC2H 8NJ
- Guitar Sales assistant.
- 2017 – 2019 – ‘Major groove’ function band
- Founding member of the group.
- Lead Guitarist.
- I have voluntarily taught a number of pupils in one-to-one lessons previously.
- Fundamental understanding of Instrument Repair and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of DAW recording software’s i.e. Logic pro X.
- Well-developed ability in tonal crafting (specific to guitar).
- Ensemble and advanced band skills.
A very patient and experienced young guitarist. Works well and is professional and polite.
Highly recommended guitar teacher! Jay is a very professional and friendly tutor, with a lot of patience which is ideal for a new starter or anyone wanting to develop on skills they already have. 5 stars!
Jay is a great teacher who has helped me so much in teaching me how to the guitar.
Jay is a cool and relaxed, easy going teacher so there is no stress if you get something wrong.
Jay also has so a great knowledge on different styles and music genres which is really beneficial.
Siven is a fantastic tutor. He has given me a fundamental understanding of the basics of guitar playing.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking rock guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|