I believe in teaching with a practical, engaging and hands on approach, allowing the content of the lessons to be lead by you depending on your interests, background and experience.
I'm a firm believer that the process is of utmost importance when making music and put a lot of focus on helping you develop a process that best suits your needs, interests and creative direction.
I can offer teaching on the following subjects (for all levels):
- Music Production (working in Ableton including using controllers such as Push 2)
- Composition (including arranging, musical development and creative direction)
- Mixing & Mastering (including different techniques and how to prepare your productions for professional mastering services)
- Sound Design (including different type of synthesis, audio processing and layering)
- MIDI & drum programming (including harmony, melodic practices and rhythmic techniques)
- Recording techniques (including best practices for recording acoustic sound sources and working with external hardware)
- DJing (in person only)
- Working with visual programming environments like Max/MSP/Jitter and Max4Live (to help you develop your own MIDI/audio effects and custom synthesis and sequencing patches)
My goal is to quickly get you as confident as possible with making music and help you develop a process that is fun and works best for you. This may mean only occasional or even one-off lessons are required or I am happy to provide more regular lessons if required. I am also happy to provide a written recap of each lesson.
I am happy to teach online, in-person at your home or at my studio. My studio is in North Greenwich and I am able to provide guidance on working with external gear and how to incorporate different musical instruments into your productions. I have a selection of hardware instruments and controllers which you are welcome to use during studio sessions including a modular system and the Push 2 controller for Ableton.
I'm a Music Producer and Sound Designer with over 10 years experience making music, using different DAWs and composition techniques. I have recently finished an MSc in Sound Design and have a deep understanding of sound design, recording techniques, audio processing, composition techniques, arranging, mixing and DJing.
I have 5 years experience working in the music industry running an independent record label and am able to offer guidance on how to traverse the music industry such as how to develop yourself as an artist and how to approach labels.
My first introduction to music was at the age of 7, receiving classical training in guitar and singing up to grade 8 standard and I have performed at the Royal Albert Hall and Glyndebourne Opera House.
Owen is passionate about music production and music in general and this comes across in his teaching. He is dedicated, committed and engaging and makes complex tasks easy to digest and understand. Aside from that he is also a lovely guy! I would wholeheartedly recommend him.
Owen is passionate about his subject, very friendly, encouraging and supportive. He has a broad knowledge which he enjoys sharing.
Owen’s passion for music is evident in his lessons. He is very honest and reliable, and excellent at providing guidance as well as encouragement. All round a wonderful tutor!
Really inspiring teacher who explains concepts clearly and concisely. Looking forward to learning from him!
music production lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music technology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer-aided music lessons for all!
Taking mixing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|