My teaching method is is variable depending on the student. With brass playing, generally speaking there is no right or wrong way as every person is physically different. Having said that I feel it is important to establish a technique which is both effective and comfortable, and then will progress from there. Music lessons are overlooked by schools, and so I promise to be committed to each and every student.
I am at the end of my music degree on the french horn at the Royal Northern College of Music. I am young and enthusiastic and have lead education workshops and taught since the start of my time there. As well as brass instruments I am able to teach the classical guitar and music theory. I have also done A-level music and am familiar with the curriculum.
• BBC Philharmonic Work Related Learning scheme (Tutoring in local music services and schools)
• Bradford Music service with Cobalt Brass Quintet
• One-to-one private teaching in Hampshire
• Oaklands Catholic School and Sixth Form College (2007-2014)
Concert band, Big band, in the pit for school productions every year, co-organized two end of year school concerts.
GCSE: 1A*, 5As, 3Bs, 1C
A level: Music (B) History (B) Politics (B)
• Royal Northern College of Music (2014-present)
Teachers: Lindsey Stoker, Tim Jackson, Julian Plumer
Professional work Performance
• English National Ballet Orchestra Nutcracker, Giselle (2016- Present) Extras
• Principal Horn for Dar EL Salaam Orchestra of Tanzania (22/11/2017 - 28/11/2017)
• Opera North Professional Experience Scheme 2018
• Halle Professional Experience Scheme 2018
• RNCM Symphony Orchestra (principal, various)
• RNCM Chamber Orchestra (principal, various )
• RNCM Opera Orchestra (Midsummer Night’s Dream, Briton, 2015)
• RNCM Concert Orchestra (principal, various)
• RNCM Big Band
• Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra ( September 2014- Present)
• Royal Marines Association Concert Band (September 2010-July 2014)
• Jersey Symphony Orchestra (December 2014)
• St Cecelia orchestra (June 2017-Present)
• Part of Cobalt Brass Quintet
• Part of Morpheus Winds Wind Quintet
• Grade 5 Music theory Associated board, (Merit)
Hampshire Music Service
• Hampshire County Youth Wind Orchestra (September 2008- July 2010)
• Hampshire Youth Joint Orchestra (BBC Schools Prom 2010, Royal albert Hall)
• Hampshire County Youth Orchestra (September 2010-July 2014)
• Hampshire County Youth Chamber Orchestra (September 2012-2014)
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trumpet lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, recorder lessons for all!
Taking french horn lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|