I tend to make my lessons appropriate to every student on a personal study level. I consider that every age, personality and practice level processes information differently, especially in a creative field. Although sticking to a tested curriculum, my teaching pace can be extended or reduced depending on the student's time and dedication. Being a recent graduate myself, I apply a student-centred approach to my teaching style, prioritising the primary goal standing behind the student's musicianship. On top of personalising my curriculum, I have previous experience in teaching according to the grading system (1-8) and Suzuki, as well as helping students with school exam preparation.
Recently a graduate of ICMP (Institute of Contemporary Music Performance), I am a full time singer-songwriter, playing bar residencies around London (gigging at least 3 nights a week). My days are filled with my other two passions - teaching music and writing music for other artists.
On top of English, Russian and Romanian are my native languages.
Born in Eastern Europe and raised between England and Moldova, my background is based on classical training (piano and musical theatre). I have been in music education / work since I can remember, relocating to London at 16 to pursue a (still blooming) career in songwriting and music management. I started teaching fellow uni students and my friends 2 years ago to support myself and build a network. Starting off with piano lessons, I then expanded my teaching skills to music theory, vocals and songwriting. Currently a graduate, I continue to teach these subjects on a regular basis.
Please email / call for a personal quote (depending on location, age, level).
● BA Hons in Songwriting (2:1)
● BTEC in Musical Theatre & stage school vocational training
● Level 3 Professional Diploma in Music Performance
● 9 GCSEs, C and above
- Private Music Teacher, London, UK (September 2016 – Present)
- Freelance Artist/Performer - ‘NATA’, London, UK (September 2016 - Present)
• Two current London residencies (Coupette, Draft House)
• One successful single release & two on the way in 2020
• Experience playing live shows across the UK, USA and Europe.
• Managing the project’s bookings, rehearsals and finances
- Freelance Session Pianist, London, UK (September 2016 – Present)
- Sofar Sounds Reviewer & Event Crew (January 2020 - Present)
- Music Venue Assistant - 229 The Venue, London, UK (September 2017 – November 2019)
RECENT OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Volunteer, Sofar Sounds, Southern California, USA / London, UK (July 2019 - December 2020)
- Festival Staff, HAP Recruitment – London, UK (June 2019 – July 2019)
● English - fluent, academic
● Romanian - fluent, academic
● Russian - fluent, academic
● French - basic
Other Work Experience / Trainings
● 2019 - Nashville Songwriting Camp & Tin Pan South attendance. Ongoing music relationship with Nashville writers (including NSAI & ASCAP)
● 2017 - “Song to tools” summer program in philosophy of songwriting with Boris Hauf, UdK, Berlin, Germany
● 2015 - 3 week Summer Performance Program, Berklee College of Music, Valencia, Spain
● 2010 - World Championship of Performing Arts, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals received in junior music and acting categories, LA, California, USA
Perfect! Good tutor, gave material to work with away from lessons and also good method of teaching the basic concepts to a beginner
Very talented student.
I met Nata through a mutual friend and we instantly connected through our mutual love for music. I had always dreamt to play the piano since I was really little and my grandmother had one of those old soviet pianos in her garden. I never got the chance to, until I met Nata.
She is an amazing teacher but most importantly an amazing person in and out!
Even from my first lesson she made me comfortable and it felt like I was having a lesson with a friend.
I am now on my 13th lesson and it is going great - soon I might even be able to play my favorite song- Государственный гимн Советского Союза all by myself!! The national anthem of the Soviet Union all by myself !!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND NATA!
I was really nervous before my first lesson with Nata, but she put me at ease very quickly and we were able to set up my development plan that we've been following for the past 2 months! Absolutely love her approach, definitely recommend!!
I took a five weeks course from here to develop my piano skills. She knows her stuff, now we are close friends. She even played at my husband’s funereal, it was amaizing and even the priest cried!
It was a pleasure having Nata as my tutor! She is very responsible, always came to our encounters well prepared. I was making fast progress and enjoying myself at the same time. Highly recommend if you’re looking for a good piano tutor!
She was really nice, I asked her to give my daughter a few piano lessons. My Jenny loved it, she even asked me to call Nata again! Highly recommend!
Nata always works hard to ensure her students are listened to and helped in their progression.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking vocal coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|