I tend to make my lessons appropriate to every student on a personal study level. I consider that every age, personality and practice level processes information differently, especially in a creative field. Although sticking to a tested curriculum, my teaching pace can be extended or reduced depending on the student's time and dedication. Being a recent graduate myself, I apply a student-centred approach to my teaching style, prioritising the primary goal standing behind the student's musicianship.
Born in Eastern Europe and raised between England and Moldova, my background is based on classical training (piano and musical theatre). I have been in music education / work since I can remember, relocating to London at 16 to pursue a (still blooming) career in songwriting and music management. I started teaching fellow uni students and my friends 2 years ago to support myself and build a network. Starting off with piano lessons, I then expanded my teaching skills to music theory, vocals and songwriting. Currently a graduate, I continue to teach these subjects on a regular basis.
- 45 min lessons
- 50% first (trial lesson) and no travel fees if required
- email / call for a personal quote (depending on location, age, level)
● BA Hons in Songwriting
● BTEC in Musical Theatre & stage school vocational training
● Level 3 Professional Diploma in Music Performance
● 9 GCSEs, C and above
● Student Senate - The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance - Representing 2nd year BASW
● Music Venue Assistant - August 2017 - present - “229 The Venue”
● Music teacher - 2017 - present - Private Tuition
● Festival Work - Camden Rocks 2018 - Festival staff
● Translator - 2015 - 2017 - (Moldova & Germany)
● Event work for agencies like Metro Hospitality, MeP & Elements Personnel
● Catering Assistant - “Colicci” - Hyde Park - September 2015 - August 2016
● BA (Hons) - Songwriting September 2016 - present
● The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance - Music Diploma In Performing Arts September 2015 - July 2016 - ICMP
● GCSE’s and Vocational Education in Musical Theatre September 2013 - July 2015 - Tring Park School for the Performing Arts
● English - fluent, academic
● Romanian - fluent, academic
● Russian - fluent, academic
● French - basic
Other Work Experience / Trainings
● Ongoing - Personal music project under the name NATA & songwriting project
● Piano session musician
● 2019 - Nashville Songwriting Camp & Tin Pan South attendance. Ongoing music relationship with Nashville writers (including NSAI & ASCAP)
● 2017 - “Song to tools” summer program in philosophy of songwriting with Boris Hauf, UdK, Berlin, Germany
● 2015 - 3 week Summer Performance Program, Berklee College of Music, Valencia, Spain
● 2010 - World Championship of Performing Arts, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals received in junior music and acting categories, LA, California, USA
Perfect! Good tutor, gave material to work with away from lessons and also good method of teaching the basic concepts to a beginner
Very talented student.
I met Nata through a mutual friend and we instantly connected through our mutual love for music. I had always dreamt to play the piano since I was really little and my grandmother had one of those old soviet pianos in her garden. I never got the chance to, until I met Nata.
She is an amazing teacher but most importantly an amazing person in and out!
Even from my first lesson she made me comfortable and it felt like I was having a lesson with a friend.
I am now on my 13th lesson and it is going great - soon I might even be able to play my favorite song- Государственный гимн Советского Союза all by myself!! The national anthem of the Soviet Union all by myself !!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND NATA!
I was really nervous before my first lesson with Nata, but she put me at ease very quickly and we were able to set up my development plan that we've been following for the past 2 months! Absolutely love her approach, definitely recommend!!
I took a five weeks course from here to develop my piano skills. She knows her stuff, now we are close friends. She even played at my husband’s funereal, it was amaizing and even the priest cried!
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking vocal coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|