Whatever you want to learn I am here to guide you in getting the best sound out of this instrument.
What I can teach you:
- Grades (ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall, Rockschool)
- Scale and chord knowledge
- Songs and song structures (pop, rock, soul, jazz etc)
- Music theory: beginner to advanced (classical & jazz)
- Fretboard knowledge
- Sight reading
- Ear training
- Finger style and plectrum picking techniques
Here are what some of my students say about my teaching:
As someone who's played acoustic guitar for a few years, I
was keen to widen my range and learn the classical style. Ben was patient & concise in introducing me to this new technique, pitching the lessons at just the right level to complement my ability. I found that I improved quickly, which is testament to Ben's fun and engaging tuition. He's a highly skilled player and teacher who I'll definitely use again when I return to the UK!
Ben has made guitar lessons fun, and it is something our son looks forward to doing each week. There is the right mix of laughing and teaching. Ben has kept the lessons interesting and encouraging, and he inspires our son to actually want to practice! Our son said, he is the greatest teacher he's ever had. We are really pleased and highly recommend Ben
Benjamin’s flair and ease with the guitar inspired Khyrham and infused the lessons with a youthful “cool” factor, Khyrham’s much older, formal and traditional school tutor was incapable of.
Benjamin took on my son, when Khyrham’s interest in guitar was beginning to falter and his confidence in his musical abilities was eroding, and managed to turned things around in a very short time, animating the lessons and rebuilding Khyrham’s enthusiasm to such an extent that Khyrham went on to succeed in passing subsequent grades in a single term.
Ben has been teaching our 8 year old son to play guitar since October 2014. Apart from the great teaching skills Ben has managed to totally inspire our son to want to become a a great guitar player. The weekly guitar lesson has become something our son really looks forward to. After just half a year of teaching our son joined the guitar band in school and is getting ready to pass his first grade.
I have a First Class Degree in Music and grade 8 classical guitar with distinction from Trinity Guildhall. I have more than 6 years experience teaching the guitar and I also have an enhanced DBS check (last 12 months). I have experience teaching students of all ages and in a variety of different styles.
Here are my usual teaching rates:
60mins - £40
45mins - £35
30mins - £30
I am currently offering an introductory lesson package for all new students at a discounted rate, these are as follows:
5 x 60min lessons - £170 (£34 per lesson)
5 x 45min lessons - £150 (£30 per lesson)
5 x 30min lessons - £125 (£25 per lesson)
10 x 60min lessons - £300 (£30 per lesson)
10 x 45min lessons - £270 (£27 per lesson)
10 x 30min lessons - £220 (£22 per lesson)
GUITAR TUTOR JANUARY 2020 - PRESENT
ARK ACTON ACADEMY
GUITAR TUTOR JANUARY 2020 - PRESENT
PLACES FOR LEISURE
GUITAR/UKULELE TUTOR SEPTEMBER 2018 - PRESENT
FREELANCE GUITAR TUTOR JUNE 2014 – PRESENT
• Approved enhanced DBS check (within last 12months).
• Safeguarding trained (level 2).
• Remote teaching trained (Music Mark).
• Experience in teaching remotely during Covid 19.
• Experience in teaching via Zoom and other online platforms.
• Keeping up with current teaching practices through attending teacher training (CPD).
• Classical, acoustic & electric guitar as well as ukulele.
• Teaching whole class, small groups and one-to-one.
• Teaching pupils of all ages (primary, secondary, higher education and adults).
• Using a wide range of performance syllabuses (ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall, GCSE Edexcel, Rockschool, RGT, Hal Leonard, Mel Bay).
• Teaching in a variety of different styles and disciplines. Classical/flamenco, rock, pop, jazz & blues.
• Tailoring my lessons to the needs of the student/s.
• Creating a creative and focused learning environment.
• Creating a rounded musical education through harmony, improvisation, composition, technique, theory & industry knowledge.
• Managing my time and staying well organised.
• Planning engaging and creative lessons on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Monitoring improvement and setting a direction and learning objectives for student learning.
• Following a set syllabus/programme giving prompts and feedback to an education body/company.
• Giving weekly written feedback to students as well as end of term/year formal reports.
• Understanding the importance of building professional and effective work and teaching relationships
UAL – RAVENSBOURNE COLLEGE OF DESIGN & COMMUNICATION
SEPT 2011 – JUNE 2014
BA FIRST CLASS HONOURS DEGREE/ MUSIC PRODUCTION FOR MEDIA
Ahmet Ertegun Scholarship Winner
GRADE 8 CLASSICAL GUITAR with distinction
THOMAS TALLIS SIXTH FORM
SEPT 2006 – JULY 2008
A LEVELS/ 3
BELCANTO LONDON ACADEMY PERFORMING ARTS
SEPT 2003 – JULY 2006
GCSE/ 6 A* - C
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking bass guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£400|