To all curious about music - do get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Violin, Singing and Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
University of Manchester (BMUS - First Class Degree)
Royal Northern College of Music (GRNCM - First Class Diploma)
Royal Academy of Music (Mmus - Merit)
Certificate in Dalcroze Eurythmics
- How much do you charge?
My rates are negotiable depending on travel time.
- Where do you teach?
I would be willing to travel to you- please get in touch wherever you live and I can try to make it work.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am happy to work towards Graded music exams (for any exam board) but encourage improvement in other ways.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I could use SKYPE, Google Hangouts or any other suggested means but prefer to teach in person if possible.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I believe I am an approachable and encouraging teacher. Since I regularly perform professionally, I believe I have a lot of inspiration to share with anyone hungry to learn about music. I am also open to doing other styles apart from Classical music. Please feel free to send an email and we could arrange a chat to see if I'd be the right person for you.
'Her final performance was stupendous... resulting in first class marks from the outset. The joint course she has been pursuing (University of Manchester and RNCM) is especially demanding, requiring students to manage their time effectively.. She is always good-humoured and respectful and has excellent relations with her peers. She has always been reliable and methodical... I think she will go far and wish her sincerely well' (Caroline Bithell - Tutor from University)
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught children through to adults of all ages and abilities and am keen to continue to do so!
I also have a good knowledge of Dalcroze Eurythmics - a fantastic method of teaching general musicianship which I integrate into lessons where appropriate.
I also have experience of teaching Grade 5 Theory, GCSE and A-Level Music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Academy of Music, London
Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester
University of Manchester
Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I teach music through the following organisations: Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment Education Department, Pro Corda, StringWise, First String Experience at Junior Royal Academy of Music and Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama
• First Class Diploma/Degree from University of Manchester / Royal Northern College of Music
• Master of Music - Royal Academy of Music
• I have a current CRB certificate.
• Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
violin lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|