I am a friendly student at Glasgow university studying French and Italian! I am passionate about languages and would love to help others discover and improve their French language skills. I can provide general support for French learners who are studying at Higher level or below or help prepare for exams.
I have experience working with students for example at summer school in Italy as well as in America. I helped these pupils with any difficulties they had with their French as well as other subjects. This has encouraged me to become a tutor as I found that the pupils benefited from my support.
Name: Sofia Jade Lopes
Mobile No: (concealed information)7
E-mail address: (concealed information)
Higher Qualifications: English, Maths, French, Spanish, Business, Art
Currently in 2nd year University: M.A Mathematics and Italian - University of Glasgow
I have earned my Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate. I am also First Aid certified. I have achieved my Grade 5 Flute and am learning the guitar and the ukulele. I am also an artist and loving painting, especially portraiture. I am a committed member of the University of Glasgow Women’s Football team and have been for a year. I consider myself to be very passionate about sports and enjoy keeping my fitness up through running, dancing, swimming, hiking and frequenting the gym. I also like yoga and other forms of meditation. I love learning about different cultures, travelling to new places, practicing different languages and meeting new people.
Camp Counsellor | Camp Pisgah - Girl Scouts Carolina’s Peaks to Piedmont | Brevard, North Carolina, USA
June 2017 – August 2017
• Works closely with other staff to implement activities and experiences for the upcoming week
• Emphasise the Girl Scout program.
• Communicates to children to respect the rights of others and understand the differences and similarities of other campers.
• Supervises campers and ensures their physical and emotional health and safety always.
• Maintains unit sanitation, housekeeping, and care of supplies and equipment.
• Helps with the storing and packing of equipment for safety during and at the end of the season.
• Keeps up communication with group leader to ensure they are aware of daily successes and concerns amongst the group, as well as camper health and other general issues.
• Maintains a good rapport with parents and the general community.
• Keeps required records and reports as requested by group leader and/or administrative staff.
• Assists with check-in and check-out procedures and with the opening and closing of the entire camp.
• Other duties as assigned, such as working in the kitchen.
Waiting Assistant | Oscars Restaurant, Bar and Café | Saltcoats, North Ayrshire
Sep 2015 - August 2016
• Operated a cash register for cash and credit card transactions with accuracy.
• Cleaned and organised the workspace including the checkout desk and displays.
• Handled all customer relations issues in a gracious manner and in accordance with company policies.
• Welcomed customers into the shop and helped them locate tables.
• Resolved all customer complaints in a professional manner whilst prioritising customer satisfaction.
• Verified that all customers received receipts for their purchases.
• Fostered a positive work environment by consistently treating all employees and customers with respect and consideration.
• Actively pursued personal learning and development opportunities.
• Answered customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner.
• Determined customer needs by asking relevant questions and listening actively to the responses.
• Customer-orientated: Focused on exceeding expectations and building customer loyalty - I believe it is important to know that the customer is always right and the customer should have the best experience out of a service as possible. The customer’s desires should always be listened to and met as much as possible.
• Enthusiastic, outgoing: Proficient at building positive relationships with new and existing customers by offering good customer service before and after sales.
• Patient/understanding: I consider myself to be a patient character who can deal with conflicts or stressful situations patiently and professionally. Have experience teaching children.
• Skilled problem solver: Solving problems is what I do daily and I consider myself to have a strong mathematical aptitude.
• ICT: I have a lot of experience with technology and am able to use various software such as intel to create spreadsheets.
• Friendly: I have been told to be a very friendly character who always wants the best for people – I have a very positive outlook on things and like meeting new people
• Motivated team player: Being part of a team has taught me how to cooperate well with others and work efficiently in a group, big or small.
• Dedicated: I believe to always dedicate myself to things that I care about and try to do things to the best of my ability.
• Artistic/creative: Being creative is one of my strong points and I believe it to be vital to have a creative outlook when it comes to a job or a task.
• Good interpersonal skills: I get on well with my co-workers and find it easy to get along with customers and new people. I’m experienced in the culinary sector as well as have experience working with children.
• Fluent in Italian: I have been bilingual since birth and consistently visit Italy.
• Able to make conversation in French: I have been studying French since a young age and am keen to put it to use.
• Kind/Considerate: It is in my interest to be as open minded and pleasant as possible.
• Approachable: I always listen to what the customer or other staff members have to say and make sure they are being responded to.
• Flexible: I am typically very flexible and am open to working any extra hours if required.
• Hard working and focused: I always aim to put my all into a job and will work proficiently in any job.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||Not available|