In the first lesson, I will discuss the goals and targets with my students before designing the class. I will plan the lessons by topics and including the class assignments the students need to complete.
My teaching method is to first teach the students Pinyin. Then I will proceed let the students read aloud or listen to familiar stories in Chinese. The method I use to make Chinese characters fun to learn is asking them to draw the characters and understand the strokes that go into these characters. I can also offer help for students who have homework from their tuition centers.
I am able to cater my teaching to their Chinese levels.
I am a native Chinese and English speaker and I am a first-year undergraduate student studying International Relations at the LSE. I have been giving private lessons to students from age 5-7 since 2019. I also have experience in tutoring students studying Chinese at the International Baccalaureate level.
- Beginners level: £20 (not including cost of travel)
- Intermediate level: £22 (not including cost of travel)
- Advanced level: £25 (not including cost of travel)
- The Student may cancel tuition by giving at least 24 hours prior notice to the Tutor in which case no tuition fees will be incurred
- Obtained the highest grade in Chinese at the International Baccalaureate level (a 7)
- Achieved a 41/45 in the IB
- Obtained an award in school for excellence in Chinese
- Tutored students from age 5-7 Chinese
- Tutored students Chinese at the IB level
Christy has been a consistently incredible tutor to me and has progressed my confidence in learning Mandarin. Since I started to take lessons with Christy, my exam scores have increased tremendously and her patience in teaching me enabled me to feel comfortable and more able to grow as a student. I highly recommend Christy as a tutor as her methods of explaining and her teaching techniques are unique and valuable. I am very grateful to have her as my tutor!
Christy helped my daughter go from a basic understanding of Mandarin to a proficient spoken standard. Christy has been very patient and understanding with my daughter who suffers with minor learning difficulties in school, I am very grateful for all she has done.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|