I tailor my lessons depending on my client's level of English, wants and needs. I mainly try to focus on comprehension of the language, since I believe it is the key. Being able to speak at least 4 languages myself, I have derived some key studying practices. I will always be prepared to go extra mile for a client and make it really work for them, writing up a thorough study plan. I really do believe that anyone is capable of learning English, it is just a matter of finding the right individual tools and strengths.
I could say that teaching is my passion. As I am bilingual, I have always been exposed to a vast range of teaching and tutoring opportunities. Since quite a young age, I have been tutoring people of different ages- either for self- interest purpose, or for business/study needs. Working at a school as a Mathematics Teaching Assistant and for Arrival Education as an Assistant Talent Development Manager in London has helped me to trace an unmistakable impact my role as a tutor can have on young people. I have really learnt how to connect with students from various backgrounds and nationalities and found various teaching approaches that really work. As a university student myself, I explore new study methods on a daily basis.
Email: (concealed information)
The University of Nottingham Nottingham, United Kingdom
BSc(Hons) in Industrial Economics Expected- June 2019
• Predicted grade: 2:1
• Relevant modules/coursework: Strategic management, Quantitative Methods, Risk Management Processes, Economics of Corporate Strategy, Insurance in a Risky World, Spanish1b
Harris Academy Greenwich London, United Kingdom
December 2011- August 2015
• A Levels: Russian - grade A*, English Literature - grade A and Economics - grade C, AS Mathematics - grade B
• GCSEs: 7 A*-A grades, including Mathematics, Applied Business, Science and English
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
The University of Nottingham on behalf of the Bank of England Nottingham, United Kingdom
Decision Maker Panel Recruiter February 2017- August 2017
• Was part of the research focused on finding out in a timely manner how companies are reacting to changes in the economic environment
• Was responsible for recruiting Financial Directors within various sectors in the UK onto the Panel by directly contacting them over the phone or email
• Was exposed to the latest economics research on one of the most relevant issues of our time
• Acquired strong telephone, communication and persuasion skills
Clarks Nottingham, United Kingdom
Sales Team Member November 2016- January 2017
• Was responsible for fitting and measuring customers, suggesting products and answering questions
• Received ongoing training for successfully employing suggestive selling techniques
• Handled cash and credit transactions on the POS system as well as processed home delivery orders
• Acquired exceptional communication, team- working and customer service skills
Harris Academy Greenwich London, United Kingdom
Mathematics Teaching Assistant January- May 2014
• Took a lead role in developing and maintaining resources to assist in teaching
• Contributed significantly to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual pupils
• Greatly developed skills required for the delivery of complex information in a clear and effective manner
Arrival Education London, United Kingdom
Assistant Talent Development Manager (ATDM) October 2013- March 2014
• Was responsible for and led groups of younger participants, attending their life coaching sessions both in the company’s office and schools, supporting them with their goals and aspirations
• Received regular training to learn how to implement the key pillars of leadership that are deemed crucial for career success
• Received one-on-one coaching with a senior team member of the associated organisation (Investec)
• Made a real positive impact on the lives of numerous participants, greatly developing crucial life and people skills
JP Morgan Chase & Co. London, United Kingdom
Work experience, Futures and Options Division July 2012
• Exposed to real-time firm operations and technology, combined with skills training and valuable networking with senior banking professionals
• Introduced to fundamentals of Futures and Options as well as the process of risk management and investment strategies, specifically hedging
• Performed administrative tasks and got an insight on the software used for both transactions and research
• Had an invaluable experience of taking the initiative and acting as an interpreter for one of the company’s Russian speaking clients
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
• Languages: Fluent in English and Russian; Conversational Proficiency in Lithuanian and Ukrainian. Studying Spanish (currently level A2, level B2 by the time of graduation).
• Activities: Gymnastics - at a young age at a professional level, eventually competing with a team at local tournaments. Dance- Keen commercial and street dancer, having competed in a team at a local level in London. Writing- practising writer and poet.
• Certifications & Training: Advanced Microsoft Excel skills- successfully passed Computers in Business Module at the University of Nottingham; Successfully Completed 2 stages of Arrival Education’s Success for Life coaching and leadership program.
• Volunteering: awarded the Challenge with Distinction award by NCS for exemplary contributions to the community and running a successful campaign recognised by the Mayor of Greenwich in London
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|