I have been working in education for the last 5 years in France and I am now looking to share my passion for the French language with UK students!
I very strongly believe that it is important for students to be interested and engaged in the subject they are learning. Above all this allows me to judge each individual students needs and abilities but most importantly their goals, interests and motivations.
The first interaction allows us to build the foundation for all following lessons, tailoring them to the students abilities and goals.
Whether that’s teaching young children in a more relaxed environment with fun and games, or setting weekly objectives to older students following a syllabus about to sit their final exams, or even planning more advanced lessons for experienced speakers looking to learn the finer details of French.
I have been working in education for the last 5 years in France, especially as a teaching assistant, and I am now looking to share my passion for the French language with United Kingdom students or people of all ages.
08/2017-12/2017 ADAR Personal care assistant (Orvault, France)
My main responsibility for this role was helping elderly people to maintain their autonomy. I dealt with a wide variety of patients, some of whom suffered from mental as well as physical disabilities. This role showed me the importance of patience and understanding when dealing with vulnerable people.
My duties included :
• Some degree of responsibility for the finances of patients who suffered from metal illness, mainly purchase food and clothes for them
• I was responsible to take clients to and from medical appointments
• Cooking fresh meals
• Helping them maintain their homes as well as their personal hygiene.
01/2017-07/2017 Au pair (Maidenhead, UK)
I have been an au pair in a family made of a single mother, one boy of 5 y-o, one girl of 6 y-o.
It was a good experience to improve my adaptation in a new country and a new culture as well as a new view of education.
This role forced me to adapt quickly to a new environment and a different way of educating children.
My main duties included :
• Preparing a fresh breakfast for the children every morning
• Taking them to and from school as well as other extracurricular activities
• Every evening, I would help the children with any homework or assignments they had and make sure they
had everything they need for school the following day
• Playing with them, taking them out to parks and other recreational activities
08/2013-07/2016 Mairie de Nantes Teaching assistant (Nantes, France)
This employment enabled me to improve my skills in the field education. It also showed me the importance
of working well in a team to successfully plan the days activities for the children in our care.
My duties included:
• Preparing the activities with the teachers and always being present to help the children • Helping children with their personal hygiene
• Helping them during lunch time and supervising the children’s nap
• Building a relationship of trust with parents
• Updating children’s books
• After school, I would help students from the ages of 8 to 12 y-o complete their homework
07/2012-08/2013 ACCOORD Group leader (Nantes, France)
On Wednesdays and school holidays, I looked after a group of children between 3 and 6 y-o, in a day care centre with disabled children. We organised some activities for the whole day. I showed a good capacity of organisation and adaptation by preparing activities for children and by changing the program if the weather was bad for example. It was really interesting to observe how children without any disability were really sensitive to the handicap of each one.
My duties included :
• Applying the security rules and the chart of the day care centre
• Working in a team of 9 social workers and a director
• Welcoming parents and children on the morning and the evening
• Weekly meetings with my colleagues to organise the activities for the week adapted to the children’s
desires and capacities
• Making the best for children’s security, comfort and health
I also used to organise some mini-camps like a weekend to the beach or to the farm. I supervised all their organisation and informed the parents.
Also, while I was doing this job, I started to work as a helper in a nursery, the rest of the week.
03/2010 – 07/2012 Mairie de Nantes Carer (Nantes, France)
I worked in a retirement home with many and varied health professionals. Daily, we met them up to talk about the feeling of each resident and things to progress. We helped them in keeping a maximum of their autonomy. I have also learned to work under pressure, because time destined to each resident was limited. My duties included :
• Helping the residents for their personal hygiene
• Cleaning their apartment
• Organising some activities in function of their capacities
• Being listening about residents requests and doing the best to make them happy and comfortable
2007-2008 Guitar tutor (Nantes, France)
I gave some classical guitar lessons once per week to two children of 12 and 16 y-o. It was really necessary to adapt the lessons in function of children's level. I had to analyse the level of each one to prepare them an adapted program, not too difficult so that they did not feel discouraged.
oral expression - french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking written expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|