I use a person centered teaching approach which means that I identify your learning goals/objectives, assess your strengths and weaknesses and, based on your learning style (e.g visual,physical,social) design a curriculum that meets your specific needs. Depending on your personal budget and preferences, my interactive lessons may include eating out, visiting local libraries and museums, 30 to 60 minutes leisure walks, watching movies, shopping, cooking, making short videos, and a partially-funded trip to France! I am prepared to go the extra mile to help you become fluent in french.
A fun and creative bilingual learning support assistant with a Town Planning degree who has made a career change into the education sector and wants to share her love for languages through 1:1 tutoring. Possesses several years of experience in the education and social care sector supporting individuals of all ages with physical and learning disabilities. Person focused, cares to develop relationships with, and go the extra for those who wish to become fluent in French or desire to learn English as a foreign language.
(Mar 2018 – Present) Learning Support Assistant
Uxbridge College (UK)
• Supporting SEND students’ learning including literacy and numeracy, by clarifying and explaining instructions and taking notes of lectures
• Guiding learners to go through various tasks/activities, giving prompts;
• Assisting groups of learners with getting their lunch in the canteen and going on day trips;
• Supervising learners between arrival/departure by taxi or public transport;
• Supporting students with personal care
• Liaising with teaching staff and other learning support assistants to ensure good communication concerning the individual needs and progress of students;
• Assisting with preparation and production of learning resources and displays and monitoring stocks of resources and equipment;
• Complying with all relevant Health and Safety regulations and assisting the college in the implementation of its Health and Safety Policy;
• Complying with and actively promoting the college’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
(Jun 2018 – Jun 2019) Planning Assistant (Neighbourhood Planning)
Govresources Ltd (UK)
• Engaging with community groups over the phone, via email and in person;
• Preparing Neighbourhood Plans, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Designing surveys / questionnaires to gather views from the general public;
• Using mapping tools / GIS software to prepare policy maps;
• Preparing community groups for planning committees;
• Preparing Written Statement on behalf of community groups during planning appeal process;
• Setting up meeting room furniture;
• Arranging meetings;
• Doing site visits.
(Feb 2018 – May 2018) Assistant Planning Consultant (Volunteer)
Built Environment Consultancy (UK)
• Providing professional advice, guidance, interpretation over the phone and in person;
• Contributing to the preparation of planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts;
• Preparing planning applications, including planning statements;
• Contributing to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements; and other planning supporting documents;
• Writing complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations;
• Ensuring compliance with planning regulations;
• Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues.
(Dec 2014 -Mar 2018) Care Assistant
Westminster Homecare (UK)
Care service delivering personalised care and support to people of all ages and abilities.
• Treating all clients with respect and dignity and ensuring they receive an equitable service;
• Writing and maintaining accurate records of care provided (e.g. personal care, meal preparation, light household duties) on a daily basis;
• Coping with emergency and difficult situations and seeking solutions;
• Liaising with other care professionals such as District Nurses and GPs;
• Assisting with prescribed medication and accurately completing Medication Administration Records (MAR charts) in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Maintaining personal and client safety through adhering to proper Health & Safety procedures.
(June 2013- June 2015) Homeless Support worker (Volunteer)
Providence Row, Dellow Centre (UK)
A busy homelessness charity interested in helping vulnerable people getting off the street.
• Conducting initial assessment of potential clients via the phone and in person;
• Maintaining accurate records and storing confidential information on database;
• Representing clients, liaising with appropriate voluntary and statutory agencies;
• Completing and filing documentation as part of administrative duties to support clients;
• Assisting clients with writing letters and using computers;
• Training as a triage worker, supporting clients with claiming benefits.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
Sept2015- May2017 University of Hertfordshire (Hertfordshire)
MSc Sustainable Planning and Environmental Management (Grade: 2:1)
Sept2012-June2015 London South Bank University (London)
BA (Hons) Urban and Environmental Planning (Grade: 2:2)
Sept2008-June2011 Lycée André Malraux (France)
Baccalauréat Economique et Sociale (equivalent to A Levels,12 subjects, Grade: Pass)
Notable subjects: English, Maths, Geography, Economics
Sept2004-June2008 Elsa Triolet (France)
Brevet des colleges (equivalent to GCSE, 12 subjects, Grade: cum laude)
Notable subjects: English, Maths, Geography, Art
Art and Crafts (e.g. Sketching, sculpting, editing pictures online)
Cooking savoury foods and making crêpes.
Childcare (i.e. Playing with children and young people)
Reading classic books, watching adaptations
Creative writing (e.g. poems, scripts)
Music (e.g. Jazz/Swing)
Perfect! Welly is thorough in assessing you on the first lesson and takes a lot of time to try and match her lessons to your needs. I would definitely recommend her.
I think Welly is an excellent tutor. She is patient and competent with a warm smile that makes you feel instantly comfortable. Her knowledge of several languages, including English and French, shows her linguistic ability. Having worked with Welly for a year as my Intern, I have no hesitation in recommending her.
Jacqueline Veater BA, BTP, MA, MRTPI
She is a caring, attentive, educational person!!
Welly is a good, decent and disciplined person who knows what she is doing. I highly recommend her.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£128||£100|