I have a structured teaching method. I base my teaching on the five main languages skills : reading, writing, listening, speaking and communicating. I always do my best to deliver interesting and enjoyable lessons by working on current topics so students can relate their French lessons to their everyday life.
For advanced levels, I can also teach French literature and history as well as creating translation exercises.
Grammar and linguistic are very important but so is culture and it represents an important part of my lessons as well and I love to share my own culture with my students.
I am a fully qualified Modern Languages teacher. I have lived in Scotland since 2015 and graduated from the University of Edinburgh back in 2017. If you wish to discover a new language, a new culture or if you wish to develop or reinforce your languages skills, I can help you !
A qualified, adaptable and motivated secondary level teacher with experience of delivering both the GCSE and common core curriculums; instilling students with a keen appreciation of modern languages.
Experienced secondary level teacher with a proven track record in teaching Modern Languages from First year to Higher level to students of all abilities. Exposure to different schools with some challenging behaviours where I have implemented successful classroom management techniques, delivered engaging lessons and driven the development of students through to GCSE success.
PGDE qualified Lesson planning Relationship building
Course/Curriculum Development French language expertise Resource Planning
Scottish Curriculum expertise Assessment & Feedback Challenging behaviours
10/2019 – 06/2020
Secondary MFL Teacher, Glasgow, Scotland
● worked as a MFL teacher in a Secondary School, alongside pupils from S1 to Higher level.
● In charge of both a National 5 French class and a Higher French class and teaching a National 5 Spanish class one period a week which allowed me to reinforce my knowledge of the Spanish language and its implementation in a modern languages classroom.
● Production of lessons which challenge the wide range of ability and attitude within the classes in order to support them appropriately and engage them.
● Used of ICT in order for the students to have some choice and ownership within their learning and also to allow for differentiation and extension work.
● Regular monitoring of pupil work, through formative and summative assessment to reflect on past teaching and inform future planning and learning.
● Used of a variety of strategies in order to manage behaviour and build relationships with pupils, liaising with colleagues within the department as well as pupil support staff as and when appropriate.
● Broad knowledge and understanding of all core aspects of the Modern Languages curriculum and its place within the whole-school curriculum, using effective and efficient record-keeping, tracking and recording.
Secondary School Supply Teacher, Nantes, France
● Worked as a Modern Languages supply teacher in France, allowing me to extend my knowledge and understanding of the Modern Languages curriculum and the educational system in France.
● Worked alongside students from First to Senior year, assisting senior students in their final preparation for the Baccalaureate.
● Worked as an oral examiner for the Baccalaureate, guiding and questioning senior students in their presentation of one of the four notions studied through the year.
01/2019 – 04/2019
Secondary School Supervisor, Nantes, France
● Worked alongside school departments and high school students in order to maintain a good communication between students, teachers and parents.
● Worked alongside groups of students who wished to reinforce their knowledge of the English language.
● Worked as a supervisor two evenings a week in the boarding school and looked after twenty pupils aged from 15 to 18, which allowed me to strengthen some skills such as leadership and responsibility.
2017 – 2018
Secondary School Probationer teacher, Scotland
● Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the principal features of the education system, educational policy and practice.
● Cognisant of the nature of a large, rural school with strong links to local nurseries (Gaelic and English medium) and a college.
● Participation in cross-grading of preliminary examinations as an opportunity to work in partnership and contribute to the ongoing on-going quality at all levels.
● Creation of a Tuesday lunchtime club aimed at pupils who were keen on languages and who wished to gain an understanding of conversational Spanish.
2015 – 2016
Modern Languages Assistant, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
● Worked alongside pupils from First year through to Higher and also with one of the primary schools in the catchment area once a week.
● Mostly taught cooperatively with the classroom teacher but also with small groups of pupils and with senior pupils, offering them individual support.
● I was able to offer the teachers and young people a fresh perspective on the language as well as modern vocabulary and cultural references. I also had time to create and plan engaging and enjoyable activities that enhance the language learning in the classroom.
● It allowed me to go abroad to pass on my enthusiasm for language learning with other young people and to use my expertise as a native French speaker to enrich the curriculum with up-to-date cultural references.
2020 – 2021
Continuous Certificate in Education in Spanish – Year 1
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
2016 – 2017
PGDE Secondary: Modern Languages
Moray House of Education, Edinburgh, Scotland
2012 – 2015
Bachelor Degree (Honours): English
Years 1 & 2: University of Nantes, France
Year 3, 1st Term: Catholic Institute, La Roche-sur-Yon, France
Year 3, 2nd Term: Erasmus term, Faculty of Arts, Limerick, Republic of Ireland
2011 – 2012
Intermediary Level “Evaluations in languages” (ESOL “Skills for life”)
University of Richmond (RACC), London, England
2009 – 2010
French baccalaureate: Economic and social sciences
Aristide Briand High School, Saint-Nazaire, France
Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Seemis ; Microsoft Teams ; OneNote
Languages: French (native); English (fluent); Spanish (intermediate); Italian (beginner)
Reading (in French and in English): novels; poetry; short stories; academic papers
Writing (in French and in English): fiction; academic papers
Music : learning to play the piano, singing and listening to various musical genres
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|