I am willing to teach anyone who's interested in learning Italian both students and adults who just have a willingness and curiosity as to learning the language. My approach to teaching would be starting with the basics elements of the language and then progressing to the harder elements, as well as tailoring my lesson structure to the individual's needs (e.g: if it was a GCSE or A Level student doing Italian the teaching method would be specifically tailored to their exam specification) and areas of difficulty. Having a solid basic foundation of the language is essential in developing harder elements and therefore much focus would be given to the basic elements of the language before moving unto other building blocks into developing a fully articulated individual in the Italian language.
I am currently a Law Undergraduate student at one of the top 10 Law Schools in the UK. I am multilingual - Italian being my first Language, Twi (Ghanaian language) being my second language and English being my third language. I am currently learning French and Japanese in my free time. I love learning languages as I believe it enriches individuals in a cultural sense. I'm also passionate about literature, I do spoken word and poetry and I love reading a lot.
- Italian: A*
- English language: Grade 9 (A*)
-English literature: Grade 9 (A*)
- Maths: Grade 6 (B)
- Geography: B
- Core science: A
- History: A
- BTEC sport: Distinction
- Ethics & Philosophy: A*
- Additional science: B
- Further science: B
- English literature: A*
-English language: A
- Italian: A* (this A level was self-taught, because I am a native speaker and there are no Italian teachers in my school, I familiarised myself with the specification and ensured that I cover all topic areas required. My Italian GCSE, was also self-taught. This serves to show my linguistic competence in Italian, as well as displaying my personal organisational skills.)
- Psychology: A
- Award for Highest achiever in English across the year (Y11, 2017)
- La magia delle parole 2014 (Italian competition): third place for best prose piece
- L'emozioni 2013 (Italian competition): first place for best poem
Competitions taken part in this year:
- Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award
Work experience related to Italian:
- tutoring of Italian to Year 1/ Year 2 students.
- Have a wide knowledge of Italian culture and literature with texts such as The Divine Commedy by Dante Alighieri (did this for my Italian A level Coursework), poems by Francesco Petrarca, The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio. As well as fiction Bianca Come il Latte Rossa come il Snague by Alessandro D'Avenia and many others. Also familiar with GCSE and A Level Text material such as Marco Valdi by Italo Calvino , Io Non Ho Paura by Niccolo' Ammaniti etc. The large part of these texts have been covered by me in my time in education in Italy and therefore I have resources and knowledge about them that comes directly from an Italian teaching style and contextual understanding.
Excellent! It was good to meet Nadia this morning. She is friendly, helpful and patient. I believe that with the method of teaching she has suggested for me that I can move forward and achieve my ambition to converse in Italian.
Good first lesson, nice to meet you. Following through and what we said, we will be focusing on grammar for the first few lessons and making sure those are solid. Don't lose hope, it takes time but it is so worth it in the end :)
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - italian lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£8|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£40|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£80|