I am an enthusiastic second year at University, with little experience working with children- but a big love for both teaching and the languages I've grown up with.
Growing up with a dyslexic younger sister, I have learnt patience and different approaches to teaching, and I have the belief that languages should be experienced rather than just 'taught'- games, literature, and media often ease the transition into a new language, and make the experience of learning it a lot more enjoyable.
My lessons could include: grammar content, vocabulary, writing exercises to improve both your grammar and vocabulary, reading comprehension and conversation, as well as activities and watching films, listening to music... Similarly, I am completely open to requests.
I am a native born Spanish speaker, fluent in both Spanish and French after spending twelve years at a French school- I ended up taking my GCSES and A-Levels in an English boarding school, and have thus experienced two very different education systems.
I took both French and Spanish GCSE, and would gladly offer help to those going through them now, though I would also love to take on the challenge of teaching somebody who's never been exposed to the either language before.
I am a second year, Linguistics student with an enormous passion for Literature, and would also gladly help with the analysing of texts and with school work.
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH, Edinburgh, UK.
MA Politics and Linguistics, expected 2021 (SAAS Awarded Funding).
- YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT.
Yale Young Global Scholars, pre-college program, 2016.
• French, Spanish, English Literature, Media Studies and Philosophy A Levels at A*A*ABC respectively.
• 13 British GCSES and French Brevet with mention Assez-Bien.
• Personal achievements include: Woldingham School Award for Computer Science, the Shelton Cup for International
Awareness, and a Community Award.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• AUTOGRAPH SAFARIS, London, UK. 2014 - Present
- Hired by safari company Autograph Safaris to help them establish a link with another South American safari company. - Job consists of translating emails from English to Spanish and vice versa.
• SAFETREE TM, Madrid, Spain.
Editor, Translator, Web designer
- Translated trademark forms for Safetree from spanish to english.
- Currently designing the website, logo and promo.
- In charge of managing the online organisation, e.g: overseeing emails.
• VAUGHAN ENTERPRISES, Madrid, Spain. Summer 2015.
- I worked in a Spanish-English educational enterprise, which provides classroom-based and online courses.
- I worked for the department of marketing and business, I helped write and review the script for two of their summer camp advertisements and worked with the head of the department.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INFORMATION:
• INTERNATIONAL RIBBON (PREFECT) - Year 12
Highest position of responsibility in school. As a Ribbon, I hosted prospective families, supervised study for younger years 3 times per week, participated in 2 school events per week, from career fairs to networking dinners, representing Woldingham at 4-5 academic fairs per term throughout UK. Also led the international committee.
• INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY - Founder and Head (Year 12)
Club focused on acknowledging the international population of the school and raising both social and academic awareness.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|