With reference to my educational background, I have a Spanish qualification at degree level which is equivalent to a British BA with Honours in Spanish/English Philology, and a Spanish Certificate of Pedagogical Aptitude equivalent to the English PGCE qualification. I hold QTS.
If you want to improve your Spanish skills do not hesitate to contact me.
I am a native Spanish teacher with 7 years teaching experience.
My teaching career was geared towards secondary and primary school students. I am currently working as a Teaching Assistant in Year 1, and I teach Spanish to three after school clubs. . I also have two years experience as a Spanish language assistant in the UK.
I am constructive in finding solutions to allow students to flourish since I take a methodical and student based approach. I also use my imagination and creativity in developing teaching techniques which I adapt to students’ needs.
Maria del Mar P. Rocha
An efficient and resourceful Spanish Teacher with experience of working as a language assistant in England for two years looking to work in a Primary or Secondary School. Used to working in difficult situations and finding constructive solutions to allow students to flourish. I am now looking for opportunities where I can use my skills and build on my achievements to date.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in English/Spanish Philology
• Planning and preparing lessons to curriculum boundaries
• Supervise a range of activities designed to stimulate learning
• Giving constructive feedback to students to encourage participation and learning
• Preparing students for examinations and testing for positive results
• Ability to manage behaviour in the classroom through promoting learning
• Knowledge of learning styles and safeguarding
Year 1 Teaching Assistant
Kenmont Primary School
September 2016- to present day
• Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Class Teacher.
• Provide support for all 28 pupils both inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Support pupils with emotional or behavioural problems and help them develop their social skills.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment during lessons and during lunchtimes both inside and outside of the classroom.
• Support the class teacher in the setting up of the various educational stations, and also the preparation of learning materials for class.
• I have an added responsibility for one particular pupil (SEN pupil) wherby I assist in the implementation of his Educational Programme, by assessing and monitoring her progress, reporting back to the Class Teacher and Speech Therapist. And also updating her report record.
May 2012- August 2016
• Created a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for two girls aged 6 and 8 years old
• Supervised the children’s activities at all times
• Planned and lead educational activities, helping with homework, School Projects and reading
• Taught the children good social manners and discipline
• Taught them Spanish as their Second Language
After school tuition
July 2010 - March 2012
• Provided academic support in English and Maths after school for a group of 12 primary school students
• Planned, prepared and presented lessons that cater for the needs of the whole group
• Repaired and marked work to facilitate positive pupil development
• Coordinated activities and resources within the Spanish curriculum
• Organised the classroom methodically and created displays to encourage a positive learning environment
• Managed pupil behaviour in the classroom
Spanish Language Assistant
Cheam High School, Surrey
October 2008 – May 2010
• Tutored students individually
• Taught Spanish Grammar to a GCSE A-levels group
• Corrected, marked student´s exercises, coursework and gave feedback
• Helped and advised the main teacher in classes
• Prepared material for presentations and designed Spanish resources
Escuela de Idiomas Ubeda, Spain
January 2007-February 2008
• Taught English to students of Primary and Secondary Grades
• Prepared and delivered lessons to a range of students of different ages and abilities
• Marked work, gave appropriate feedback and maintained records of pupils' progress and development
• Selected and used a range of different learning resources and equipment
• Prepared pupils for qualifications and external examinations
• Communicated with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participated in departmental meetings
Secretary and general personal assistant
Montenmedio Golf and Country Club, Spain
October 2004- December 2006
Personal tutor (7-11 years old students)
September 2002 - July 2004
Provided academic support in English after school for groups of primary school students
Date: Summer of the 2000
2016- Enlighten Supply Pool, London: Behavioural Management Training Course
2016- Developing your Potential Recruitment, London: The Essential Knowledge of key Stage Teaching
2016- Enlighten Supply Pool, London: Special Educational Needs Course
2016- Citylit, London: Teacher’s toolkit
2004- Faculty of Education, Puerto Real: PGCE
2003- Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, Cadiz, Spain: English Philology
2002-2009- University of Cadiz: Various classroom related studies
I have excellent IT skills. I am fluent in Spanish and English.
REFERENCES available on request
She is very considerate, patient and helpful person and conducts herself in a very professional manner.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|