My teaching method usually involves setting a set of very relevant exercises and then working through the questions related to them. I think the best way to learn the theory is by practising and at the same time my previous experience showed me that everything should be explained thoroughly. Giving students hints rather than the whole answer also builds up their confidence and this will help them during any exams. I also like to give students an insight in how things actually work, showing them that everything they learn could be applied to real life problems.
In the past I prepared younger students for the Chemistry Olympiad. I mentored some of them, focusing on successfully transitioning to their future college academic life, helping them with their personal statement or interview preparation. I also volunteer as an A-Level Mathematics tutor at Abbey College Cambridge helping students with one-to-one lessons.
The rate can vary as follows:
GCSE - £15/hour
A Level - £20/hour
Oxbridge preparation - £25/hour
• Natural Sciences - University of Cambridge, King's College;
• Modules: Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science;
Distinctions and awards
• Ranked second in the National Chemistry Olympiad, 2017;
• Qualified for the Extended Team preparing for the International Chemistry Olympiad 2018;
• Baccalaureate Diploma: GPA: 9.96/10, Advanced Mathematics: 10/10, Chemistry: 9.9/10
• Took part in the Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics Olympiad, County Level;
• Mathematics Tutor – STIMULUS programme, Abbey College Cambridge
• Mentoring and Tutoring students from my previous high school
Perfect! Great explanations, with a good amount of detail. Overall fantastic tutor and good teaching techniques.
Very good student!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|