My approach to teaching depends on the student. Each student has different needs and when teaching 1x1 I evaluate them in the first session to see what methods might suit them best. In a group setting I tend to approach the subject simply at first and try to make it as memorable as possible. Observation-Repitition-Reinforcement.
I am a trainee teacher at Edge Hill University and have a background in Psychology, but I will specialise in English Literature as well. I have a bachelors degree in psychology from the University of Liverpool and a Masters in Health psychology from Liverpool John Moores. I will be teaching English Lit and Psychology primarily but I can tutor in related subjects (as I studied modules on religion and sociology at university as well).
I am disabled and use a wheelchair so I can only teach from my home or Liverpool Central Library, or via video call.
• PGCE - Further Education and Training: Will gain Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status in June 2020 (this is equal to QTS).
• Master’s Degree - Health Psychology [Merit], LJMU (2016-2017)
• Bachelor’s Degree - Psychology [2.1], University of Liverpool (2008-2011)
• A Level - English Literature [A*], Liverpool Community College (2006-2008)
• A Level - Psychology [A*], Liverpool Community College (2006-2008)
• A Level - Sociology [B], Liverpool Community College (2006-2008)
• GCSE’s: English [B], English Lit [B], French [C], Maths [C], PE [C], RE [C] (1994-1997)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Love for teaching
• In depth knowledge of primary subject – Psychology
• Excellent knowledge of English Lit and Sociology at A Level
• Experience in tutoring Psychology and English it A Level syllabuses
• Friendly, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Good at motivating students
• Adaptable and insightful
• Relaxed approached and organised
• Experience in planning and delivering lessons
• BPS (The British Psychological Society) Graduate Member (#335248)
• MS Society (admin volunteer, support volunteer)
• TM Society
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
• Classroom Observation (June 2019): At Deyes High School, Maghull.
• Private Tutoring (January 2017-Present): Tutoring English Literature & Psychology at A Level in face to face and online settings.
• Available upon request
Claire helped me through an online English course and she was superb!
Not only was she very professional, but efficient and thorough too. I couldn't have gotten through the course without her.
If you're looking for a tutor who is both passionate and inspirational, Claire is the tutor for you. I've known Claire since university, and although we were studying different subjects we met through a writing group. I was immediately impressed by her writing ability and her knowledge of the works we aspired to. I learned a lot from her without her ever really trying to teach me. As much effort as she put into her hobby, it was nothing compared to the enthusiasm she had for her studies. In spite of ill health she not only completed her course but went on to Post Graduate studies too. Her determination made her an excellent student then and will make her an excellent tutor now.
Claire is well versed in psychology from her undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Her written and oral communication skills are outstanding. She is conscientious, responsible and patient, and always takes the time to see a task through to completion.
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, religious studies lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||£120||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||£240||Not available||£250|