I choose to take the practical and clinical study based method of studying, as it would be really helpful in understanding the concepts as a whole by covering all the aspects of the subject. I would be really happy to go by the method the student prefers or are comfortable as well. At the end of the day, they should be benefited in some means.
I am an Audiologist and SLP, I have been mentoring my juniors with practical experiences in all aspects of speech language pathology, they have scored first class in exams after taking classes from me. I was born and brought up in Chennai, India and my native language is Tamil. So having known the language for 23 years, I can tutor well in Tamil as well.
*Rates may vary according to the level of the student. Discount is offered in case of group learning or low income.
1. Sheffield Hallam University – Currently Pursuing MSc Clinical Cognitive Neurosciences (2020-2021)
• Currently working on Master’s Thesis for the Cognitive Neurosciences Module.
• Course Representative for MSc Clinical Cognitive Neurosciences in the department of Psychology, Sociology and Politics.
• Global Officer Asia- International student’s Committee, Students Union of SHU.
2. Care Institute of Behavioural Sciences Affiliated to Annamalai University, India Post Graduate Diploma in Learning Disabilities-PGDLD (2019-2020)
• Completed master’s thesis on Diagnosis and Remedial Measures on Learning Disability.
• Excelled in Learning disability coursework and academia with First grade with distinction.
• Attended training for an year, under Neuropsychologist as a psychologist assistant, by observing and diagnosing cases, helpful in the treatment protocol.
3. MERF Institute of Speech and Hearing (P) Ltd, Chennai, India
Bachelors in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology-BASLP (2014-2018)
• Academic and Clinical experiences (Internship for 10 months) in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
• Worked on Assessment and Treatment for various paediatric and Adult language disorders, hearing disorders, Swallowing disorders and Voice disorders.
• Observed cases on psychological disorders as a part of the curriculum.
• Worked on two papers related to Speech Language Pathology during my Undergraduate studies and published it on International Journals.
o Worked as Speech Language Pathologist (Tele-practice), Special Educator (Learning Disabilities) and Social Marketing Manager
o Worked with fluency disorders, voice disorders, and other neurological language disorders such as aphasia and dysarthria online.
o Performed assessments and worked on management of Learning disabilities for school aged children
o Primarily worked with Child Language Disorders Secondary to Autism Spectrum Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders.
o Assistant Consultant SLP working with the Head and Neck Oncology Team
o Performed Speech and Swallowing assessments (Pre-operative and Post- operative phases) and worked on management strategies with post-op laryngectomy patients
o Formulated Assessment and Treatment Protocol for Speech and Swallowing disordered population
Akshaya is a wonderful, kind and enthusiastic tutor. I am so thankful to her, she helped me with my literacy, academic writing and taught me how to critically analyse literature.
Akshaya is very patient and went above and beyond to help me understand my learning.
I am truly thankful to her.
Thank you for all your help Akshaya!!!
Akshaya is very friendly and an amazing tutor. She is responsive and talented as well. I have never seen such a dedicated tutor so far, she proves things by action rather than saying it out. I have been tutoring under her for the last 3 years, and I'm loving it! :)
health and social care lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest public health lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, elderly care lessons for all!
Taking speech therapy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|