I am currently studying a Master's degree in music, specialising in contemporary improvisation with an emphasis on freedom of musical expression. My background is varied, having studied classical and jazz piano, as well as writing songs and composing across a range of genres. Therefore I am comfortable adapting to the pupil's wishes and teaching what interests them most!
I believe that music making should always be fun, aiming to inspire self-motivation and the desire to undertake private practice in my lessons. The focus is therefore on creative play and enjoyment, engaging with the instrument in a way which is enjoyable and rewarding.
I have been giving lessons for about 2 years, mainly based in Latvia. Across that time I have taught around 10 pupils, ranging from complete beginners at 5 years old to adults wishing to rekindle an old hobby. So far my pupils haven't taken any grades, but I am happy to push towards grades if that's what you want to do!
MMus in Music Newcastle University |2017 - present
- Major Research Project in Improvisation
BMus in Music Newcastle University |2012 - 2016
1st class Honours
- Major in Piano Performance
Year Abroad Conservatorio Superior |2014 - 2015 de Música de Salamanca
- Ethnomusicology/ Music Sociology
Online English Teacher | February 2018 - present
- Teaching pupils based in China, Taiwan and Japan over webcam in both 1-1 and group settings
Freelance Musician | 2010 - present
- Performed across a range of venues in the UK, Spain and Latvia
- Participated in various bands/ projects performing music from genres as diverse as rock and folk to jazz and experimental music.
Piano/ Guitar Teacher | 2016 – present
- Design and adjust teaching methods for individual pupils
- Developed strong organisation and time-keeping skills
- Taught using improvisation as a primary tool for engaging with music through play and creativity
Rīgas 1. Valoda Skola – English Teacher at Summer Camps | July 2017
- Lead activities for groups of children ranging from 10-15 y/o
- Helped to plan and employ schedules for 4 groups of children on a daily basis
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||Not available|
|5 hours||£110||Not available||Not available|
|10 hours||£210||Not available||Not available|