I am passionate about teaching children and with years of experience and qualifications behind me I can turn my hand to most methods and cases presented to me. I have studied both Montessori and Dyslexia teaching which both complement each other.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
As a class teacher I taught a wide range of subjects.
I now concentrate on teaching children within the bracket of Specific Learning Difficulties, ADD and ADHD.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have studied Montessori Education.
I have a teaching Degree from Kingston University
Post Graduate Degree in Spld.
More importantly I have personal experience of Dyslexia and ADD through my experiences and my family.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £ 40.00 per hour
- Where do you teach?
I prefer to go to students' homes.
- When are you available?
Fridays and Saturdays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From 5 years up to 13 years of age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
11 Plus Exams
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Do not ever think you can't do it. You can but in your way and together we can work out what that is and make studying and school work for you.
If you need a tutor who will be focused and interested in who you child is not just what they can do then you have come to the right place. I have personal experience and know how it feels to be powerless in an environment every day. I am experienced in reading reports and can translate the language in them if needed for a separate fee.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Primary class teacher
Teach Dyslexic children and children with learning challenges
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
St Nicholas Montessori College
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• Ba Hons Education Kingston Universtoy
• Post Graduate Dip Hons SPld Dyslexia Institute / Kingston Universtiy
• Enhanced Clearance 2010
• PATOSS/ BDA
support for students with adhd lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest support for students with dyslexia lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, support for students with special needs lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|