I'm a pianist, music teacher and accompanist since 1999 with over 15 years broad experience in UK.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Piano, Harmony theory and analysis, Music Technology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Piano Performance Degree - Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory of Music, Milan, Italy
Music Technology/Music Informatics - Department of Computer Science & Communication – University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Classical Piano Performance Diploma – George Georgescu/Dinu Lipatti, Colleges of Music, Tulcea/Bucharest, Romania
- How much do you charge?
£ 40 /1 hour (zone 1-4 )
- Where do you teach?
I teach at students' homes - zones 1-4 in London.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- What kind of experience do you have?
As a piano teacher, I specialize in working with younger students in the early stages of their learning to play and master their instrument, and I work with more accomplished musicians to help them improve their instrument and practice techniques, broaden their repertoire, and further their knowledge in music theory.
• Develop personal lesson plan for each student, based upon his or her ability and experience.
• Assess and address where each student comes up short or needs special attention in order to help him or her to focus on those areas.
• Transfer love and passion for music to my students.
• Develop teaching material for music classes.
• Evaluate the student's interest, aptitude and temperament to determine if the piano or another instrument is most suitable for them.
• Help students prepare for examinations and tests.
• Show students the difference between musical styles such as classical, pop music and jazz.
• Meet with the student and parents of younger student's to discuss their progress.
• Keep up-to-date about new development in teaching techniques and technology in the field.
• Constantly evaluate student performance and encourage students who lag behind expectations.
Areas of Expertise: Private Lessons, Inquiry Based Learning, Whole Group Learning, Multisensory Lessons, Student Motivation, Technology Integration, Performance Assessment, Musicianship Skill, Creative Lesson Plan Development, Teaching To A Set Curriculum
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
George Georgescu/Dinu Lipatti, Colleges of Music - Tulcea/Bucharest Romania (with Rodica Raican, Ligia Pop).
Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory of Music, Milan, Italy (with Daniele Lombardi, Carlo Levi Minzi and Daniela Ghigino).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
All my students have achieved Distinction in their Associated Board Exams in piano so far.
Please have a look at my website for some of my current students - About section - and then go to search their names on YouTube.
• Classical Piano Performance Degree - Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory of Music, Milan, Italy
• I have been a teacher since 1999 with over 15 years broad experience in the UK.
• DBS certificate available
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|