I have a strong interest in the learning process and in analyzing why and how mathematical and science concepts can present difficulties. In particular, I have acquired strategies to explain abstract ideas in comprehensible terms. My teaching method is called explain-repeat. I explain the topic to my student in detail and then ask them to repeat that to me. By doing so, the student has the ability to have all parts of the brain that is responsible for memorizing involved. This revision technique is confirmed as the most efficient one by scientists and has been very helpful to me, my friends and my clients to achieve the highest marks in the exam.
Future Kings College London economics student. I have a lot of experience teaching biology, chemistry, physics and maths at AS level and GCSE. All my students improved by at least two grades after 4-5 lessons. I can offer a great variety of revision techniques and find a special one that is perfect just for you!
I also offer Skype lessons at reduced prices.
2015-2017 International School of Moscow
September 2017- Highgate school London
June 2017 10 IGCSEs: Biology (A*), Chemistry (A*), Mathematics(A*),
History(A*), Physics (A*), English literature(A), Geography(A),
Russian(A), Music(A), English language(A)
June 2019 A levels(to be taken): Biology, Economics, Maths, Russian
March 2016 Galchonok charity fund in Russia
• Worked for 3 weeks as work experience
• The main purpose of Galchonok is to raise funds that will support programs for children with organic neurological disorders outside of the US, in the countries where this help is most needed
• Helped to organise events in order to raise money
• Developed leadership and communication skills when talking with representatives of charity organisations in different countries
March 2018- present David Lloyd Finchley tennis assistant
• Ongoing(twice a week) working in a tennis club
• Excellent leadership skills when working with small children
• Great communication with kids and interesting variety of tasks
April-June 2018 Morning maths club
• Volunteered to help with the organisation of maths club
• Involved helping children with completing the tasks and helping the teacher to give out the tasks
Other skills, interests and achievements
• Languages: English native and Russian native(bilingual)
• IT skills- competent with all aspects of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, 3D printer design
• Music: grade 6 vocal, grade 5 musical theory, graduated from musical school(2007-2015), piano course, with grades equivalent to 5 A*s, past member of the school choir and orchestra in International School of Moscow(2015-2017)
• Sports: professional tennis player ( top 50 18U in Russia and top 300 18U in the UK), level 1 tennis assistant coach(April 2018), member of the Highgate school tennis team
• Took part in Model United Nations conferences a multiple times, and have achieved the best delegate prize 3 times
References available on request
Milena is a patient, confidence building and downright brilliant music teacher.
Milena has always been driven to develop her skills as a tutor.
She has a wonderful rapport with people of all ages, she has been teaching me and my son piano lessons for 2 years. We both have improved from a beginner level to being able to improvise and compose music ourselves.
Milena is the best. She’s not only one of the loveliest people, but also a brilliant musician and a warm and generous teacher. She's honest and encouraging.
I can't recommend Milena highly enough! She is knowledgeable and adapts to the need of every pupil in a positive and constructive way where your encouraged to make mistakes. Milena taught my daughter music theory for grade 2 and she passed it with distinction!
Milena is the best teacher I have ever seen. She is very kind and patient, my daughter enjoys lessons with Milena and looks forward to them every day.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|