I like to start with a quick quiz to get to know the current level of my students. After that, I prepare a program to organise the classes based on time, topic and goals; always trying to make the contents full of context and interesting for the students, because maths and physics are everywhere!
I believe Maths and Physics are hands on subjects, as such, the only way to learn is to practice a lot. I follow this philosophy by preparing exercise sheets for each session that are personalised for each student. Of course, I provide them with the necessary explanation and examples beforehand, I also give them hints and advice when necessary. In this sense my role is to guide the student through his/her learning process, making it more straightforward and even fun.
Regarding online teaching, I like to use several platforms to make my class fluent. I use Zoom for meetings, google forms for quizzes, an interactive board for lectures, Geogebra for geometry and graphs, google drive for sharing lecture notes, etc.
I obtained my PhD from the University of Warwick specializing in Relativity. While at Warwick I supervised first years students, tutoring and marking their assignments of the main courses (Calculus, Algebra and Geometry). I also train the Warwick team for the International Mathematical Competition. For the past 3 years I have been given math lectures in Mexico at university level.
Moreover, since 2004 I have been preparing students for Math Olympiads, so I have plenty of experience tutoring students of all ages and levels. Several of my students have won first prices in the national competition and participated internationally.
- I teach maths and physics at all levels. For example, Arithmetic, Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Relativity, Thermodynamics.
- My timetable is flexible, I am happy to work weekdays, week evenings and weekends.
- I prepare students for GCSE, A/S-level, A-level, School entrance exams and SATs
- 2012-2016, PhD in Mathematics, University of Warwick
- 2009-2011, MSc Mathematics, UNAM, Mexico
- 2004-2009, Bsc Mathematics, University of Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2017-2020, Lecturer, UNACH, Mexico. Courses: Introduction to Calculus, Calculus 1, Introduction to Physics, Physics, Introduction to Algebra, Euclidean Geometry, Modern Geometry, Hyperbolic Geometry, Discrete Maths, Differential Equations.
- 2013-2015, Supervisor of 1st year students, University of Warwick
- 2014-2015, Teacher Assistant for Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, University of Warwick
- 2012, Lecturer, UNACH, Mexico. Courses: Analytic Geometry, Modern Algebra
- 2014-2015 Teacher Assistant for Linear Algebra and Introduction to Differential Geometry, University of Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2018, Geometry and Trigonometry, Editorial Bookmart. ISBN (concealed information) Book in spanish for highschools in Mexico
- 2012, PhD Grant No. 323368 from National Council of Science and Technology, Mexico
- 2004, 45th International Mathematical Olympiad, Participant, Athens, Greece
- 2004, XVI Asian Pacific Mathematical Olympiad, Bronze medal
- 2003, V Centroamerican-Caribbean Mathematical Olympiad, Silver medal, Costa Rica
- 2002, XI Rioplatense Olympiad, Bronze medal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2000, IX Rioplatense Olympiad, Silver medal, Pilar, Argentina
- 1999, 3rd Mathematics World Contest, Participant, Hong Kong, China
- 2000-2003 Mexican Mathematical Olympiad, 1st place in 2003, 2nd place in 2000, 3rd place in 2001 and 2000
- 1999-2002 May Olympiad, math contest by correspondence for Ibero-American countries, 1st place during four years
- 2017-2020, Member of the local committee and instructor of Maths Olympiads in Chiapas, Mexico
- 2017-2020, Member of the Mexican Mathematical Society
- 2014-2016, Instructor of the University of Warwick team for the International Mathematics Competition
- 2004-2010, Member of the national committee and instructor of Maths Olympiads in Mexico
I know Ros since 2012, when we started our PhDs. He has been teaching students of various levels (both school students and undergrads, including preparing them for math contests) at least since I know him. Ros is very a knowledgeable, methodical, patient and caring teacher, whom I wholeheartedly recommend.
I've worked with him for a few years. He taught my niece some extracurricular math classes. She was always having fun and he was super patient with her.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|