My teaching methodology is simplifying concepts that seem complicated and making it intuitive for students, as I do not believe in knowledge by memorizing. I also give real life examples, and make students apply what they have learned by doing exercises and case studies.
I have a BA in Management from the University of Leicester (2.1), and an MSc in Strategic Marketing from Cranfield School of Management (1st), and I have recently gained an MSc in Investment Management. I have also passed CFA Levels 1 &2.
I have worked as a salesman for a marketing agency, I started an e-commerce business and I have also worked in the financial services sector for 1,5 years for brokerage firms, an investment firm, and did an internship in wealth management.
• Cranfield School of Management, MSc, Investment Management. Oct 2019 – Aug 2020
Modules: Corporate Finance, Valuation & Financial Modelling, Fund & Portfolio Management, Applied Financial Econometrics, Merges & Acquisitions, and Private Equity.
• Cranfield School of Management, MSc, Strategic Marketing (Distinction). Sept 2013 – Aug 2014
Modules: Strategic Marketing & Planning, Marketing Consultancy Project, Sales Management, Brand Management.
• University of Leicester, BA, Management Studies (Upper 2nd Class Honours, 2.1). Sep 2010 – Jun 2013
Modules: Economics, Financial Management, Statistics, Consumer Behaviour, Research Methods.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Passed Level 1 on the 1st attempt. June 2019
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Passed Level 2 on the 1st attempt. May 2021
Fathom Wealth Management Advisors -Boutique Advisory and Wealth Management Firm, Junior. Investment Analyst February 2019 -March 2019
• Conducted Equity & Fixed Income Analysis for ThyssenKrupp & Yum! Brands by analysing financial statements and reports from UBS, Moody’s and Commerzbank & prepared Investment Proposals for clients.
• Researched the 50 best performing mutual funds and UCITS and selected 10 best on the firm’s investment profile, organized and participated in conference calls to discuss their investment strategies.
F1 Markets: Limassol - CFDs Brokerage Firm, Senior Account Manager June 2018 - August 2018
• Executed sales call campaigns through contacting existing clients. Developed and maintained strong client relationships by providing premium customer service by supporting and teaching clients on order placement and execution.
• Carried out daily financial markets research and acquired experience in proposing trading ideas, and risk management techniques to clients with a variety of risk profiles.
Hoch Capital: Limassol - CFDs brokerage firm, Account Manager October 2017 - May 2018
• Performed sales call campaigns through proactive contact and relationship building with prospective clients.
• Assisted clients with trading queries, deposits and withdrawals, and responded to daily client queries on stocks, currencies and commodities to help match client's investment preferences. Grew client base for firm by adding over 200 high net worth individuals and $53,000 in new deposits.
E-Commerce Business: Amazons' FBA third party seller service, Owner November 2016 – December 2017
• Launched 2 baby products using Amazons’ platform, designed and manufactured products in China and shipped to US warehouses, created promotional campaigns through giveaways, social media pages and online ads.
• Achieved to rank both products on top pages, gained positive reviews and generated monthly revenue of approximately $5,000.
Phbc Ltd: Sales & Marketing-Sales Team Leader- June 2015 - August 2016
• Planned and coordinated sales campaigns, recruitment and acted as personal assistant to the managing director overseeing 80 employees.
• Interviewed, recruited, trained and led a team of 15 members to become the No.1 in sales and customer service team across Cyprus, as it generated 6000 EUR revenue for two consecutive weeks.
Aphrodite Shoes Ltd: Retail Footwear Stores- Marketing Manager – Nicosia September 2014 - May 2015
• Initiated analytics to identify key demographics to target customer base with marketing campaign while staying within budget.
• Increased Facebook page visits by 200% and followers by 6% through community engagement, original content posts and updates.
• Launched online ad campaigns and social events that increased annual revenue by 25-30%.
• Reduced costs by 60% after changing network telecommunication provider. Reduced labour and material costs by 7%.
• Military Background: Passed Written & Physical exams, and awarded the rank of Sergeant Officer, and was directly responsible for conducting and monitoring the operational daily tasks, as well as the training of new soldiers. Competed combat training and 48hr survival camp.
• Founded various bands as a lead guitar player, played a gig for charity fundraising with Greek Society, composed songs and won a radio competition in 2014.
• Trading & Investing: Manages personal investment portfolio, 11 % return YTD.
• Elected to be a Portfolio Manager for the Long/Short Equity Fund of the Cranfield Finance Society. Arranged weekly meetings and discussed investment ideas, and was directly responsible for risk management and rebalancing the portfolio weights.
• Student Representative for all the students in the MSc of Finance and Investment Management.
SKILLS & INTERESTS
• Languages: English (Fluent), Greek (Native).
• Martial Arts: Participated in national competitions, won silver medal 2 times.
• Olympic Shooting: Participated in National and European Competitions, selected to be regional team member.
• Technical Skills: Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, Eikon (Basic).
Perfect! Very detail explanation with the questions I have and lots of interaction with his students.
Very good lesson, Lorainne showed up on time, and paid attention to all the content that was presented.
Perfect! Prodromos helped me with my investment management module in master’s level . He explains the material in an easy to understand way and always responds and shows up on time !
Nikos always presents on time and he always pays attention.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, economics lessons for all!
Taking management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|