I am talented lecturer and accomplished research scientist who is experienced in chemistry, biotechnology, polymers, nanotechnology and other areas My ability and skills in teaching and to produce accurate and reproducible results, make me a perfect choice for a tutor position. I would bring to any position first-rate communication skills-oral as well written-strong analytical talents, and knowledge
I am an associate member of Royal Society Chemistry (AMRSC) and I have got professional training at most respected universities and laboratories; University of Sheffield, United Kingdom and University Malaya, Malaysia.
I have been successful in developing innovative experimental techniques and shared my knowledge within the groups. My supervisor also believes in me to monitor his master students with various project related protein interaction study. I have more than 10 years of experience in teaching and I worked in most respected universities and laboratories in Malaysia. In my previous employment equipped me with some relevant skills which will be useful to me in a teaching career.
My ph.D qualification in polymer chemistry field from University of Sheffield . I have experience in teaching almost 10 years, as I was a Chemistry lecturer in chemistry department and monitoring Master chemistry students. I am also a member of Royal society chemistry (AMRSC)
Azrah Abdul Aziz, AMRSC
Associate Member of RSC (AMRSC)
Royal Society of Chemistry ((concealed information)
Contact Number: +(concealed information)2
Date of Birth: 10th December 1980
Marital Status: Married
Language Spoken: English
Position 1: Lecturer in Chemistry Department at International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) (June 2005 – February 2015).
• Teaching chemistry and course leader for physical and organic chemistry and responsible in administration and academic positions such as: Examination Leader, Time Table committee, Resource Person of Chemistry and Tutorial and Quiz setter
Position 2: Research Assistant at Colloids and Surfaces Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Malaysia (UM) (Nov 2002 – June 2005)
• Handling project entitled “Glycolipids Functions and Applications in Pharmaceutical and Cosmeceutical Industries”
Position 3: Part-time Lecturer at Faculty of Pharmacy, University Technology MARA (UiTM), Malaysia (April 2003 – June 2005)
• Teaching diploma for pharmacy students in Inorganic Chemistry
Position 4: Tutor and Lab Demonstrator in Foundation of Sciences, (ASASI) University of Malaya, Malaysia (Nov 2002 – Nov 2004)
• Teaching subject Fundamental chemistry 1 and 2
Qualification 1: PhD candidate in Polymers, Materials and Surface, Chemistry Department (at Sheffield University, United Kingdom).
- Status: waiting for the viva. Expected completion date: April 2019
- The PhD is based on synthesizing macromolecules and their potential in medical applications
- Thesis Entitled: Macromolecular approaches to protein binding
Qualification 2: Master of Science (MSc) in Colloid Chemistry (at University Malaya Malaysia (UM) (2010).
• The study is based on formulating dispersing agents used in emulsion system and application in pharmaceutical and cosmeceutical Industries
• Thesis Entitled: Emulsification and dispersant properties of Sugar ester glycolipid in Water in Oil and Oil in Water emulsion
Qualification 3: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Applied Chemistry (Hons) (at University of Malaya (UM) (2003).
- The BSc degree was awarded under Faculty of Science, UM, Malaysia in 2003 and the final year Industrial Training (with the thesis ) is based occupational hazards and safety research for painting company
PUBLICATION, AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Aziz A, Misran M, 2008. Rheological Properties of Glycolipid Based Creams for Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications., Vol. 2(1),2008.
• Aziz A, Twyman LJ .Functionalised Graphene Oxide to bind proteins. Bioconjugate Chemistry (Waiting list).
• Utusan Malaysia,19 April 2005,p28 (National)
• Bronze medal of poster presentation in Exposition Science & Technology, Putra World Trade Center, Kuala Lumpur. 2004 (National)
• Silver medal of poster presentation in IPPP exposition, Bangunan Peperiksaan, Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. 2004.(National)
• Gold Medal for the invention of Glycolipid Based Cream, Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE 2006), 2006, (National)
• Silver Medal for the invention of Glycolipid Based Cream For Cosmetics From Natural Derived Surfactants, International Exhibition Of Inventions, New Techniques and Products, Geneva, Switzerland, 2005, (International)
• Bronze Medal for the invention of Rheology Properties of Glucopyranoside Stabilized Oil-in-Water Emulsion, at the Science & Technology Expo 2004, MOSTI, 2004, (National)
Perfect! Great tutor and speedy with reply and arrangement of time and date. Also very knowledgeable in her field (Chemistry).
other sciences lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking chemical physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|