I find the best way to learn is to have conversations, to spark the mind to ask questions and to encourage inquisitiveness. By encouraging students to actively engage with the material we see a higher level of information retention, which is essential in the education system.
I am a hands on tutor who likes to encourage reading & research as well as providing lots of up to date materials.
I am a BSc Psychology graduate with MSc Organisational Psychology. Whilst relatively new to tutoring, I can provide a unique approach that focuses on individual learning styles to promote knowledge retention.
I currently working in Talent Management & Organisational Development for a world leading Engineering firm.
University of Manchester, Alliance Manchester Business School 2017-2018, Manchester, U.K.
Master of Science in Organisational Psychology
• Full qualification in CEB SHL Test use (Level A & B)
• Dissertation of 15,000 words relating to parental leave in the workplace
• Group projects aiding team management, communication and organisation skill development
• Nominated as course representative, communicating issues that occurred throughout the programme to leadership to encourage change.
• Notable classes: Personnel Selection and Assessment; Learning, Support and Development; Workplace Design, Performance and Well-being; Managing People and Organisations; Advanced Research Methods
Nottingham Trent University, Faculty of Social Sciences 2014-2017, Nottingham, U.K.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
• Professional practice module offered opportunity to partake in real life replication of consultant psychologists’ work. Using psychological knowledge and research skills to provide solutions to real business issues
• Core modules in cognitive, social, biological & developmental psychology
• Final year specialties in evolutionary, gender and addiction psychology
• Thesis relating to the gender pay gap and workplace satisfaction risk factors in employees as well as impactful employer interventions
Associate Human Resources Business Partner, Swagelok Limited., Isle of Man, U.K. (FT) September 23rd 2019-Present
Balla fletcher Farm Road, Tromode, Isle of Man, British Isles, IM4 4RA
• Strategic partner to the leadership team at a Swagelok manufacturing site through understanding the unique business conditions of the team and incorporating corporate HR strategy
• Subject matter expert for international human resources policy & practice in line with local legislation & regulation
• Review of grievance & disciplinary policies to ensure both associate satisfaction and consistency in documentation, standard work & communication
• Ensure appropriate communication and understanding of company benefits, compensation, training, as well as policy & procedure interpretation
• Supporting leaders through developmental changes to policies that ensure compliance as well as fostering inclusive mindsets
• Audit of talent acquisition processes, making process improvements to pre-hire interviewing strategies & creating lean standard work processes
• Design & implementation of several employee wellbeing initiatives, including; cycle to work schemes, general health awareness programmes and continuous analysis of improvements to our work environment based on associate feedback
• Supporting ongoing workforce & leadership development strategies, including: review of succession planning pipelines, identification of internal development opportunities as well as identifying external resources including personal leadership programmes
• Work with stakeholders throughout the business to further drive the employee development agenda that will in turn support the achievement of the company’s overall goals
• Serving as project team member on global initiative to design holistic organisational coaching strategy that incorporates continuous individual, group & facilitated coaching sessions for executive leadership as well as episodic coaching for directors & senior management
• Assessing Swagelok’s global performance management strategy including the rollout & communication of calibration best practices and theories of social performance management
• Working as a global partner to corporate talent management for the 2020 merit cycle & organisational review
• Launch of our global mobility infrastructure, which enables opportunities for distributor associates to spend time learning and sharing knowledge with other independent distributorships within our network.
• Key stakeholder in the design and implementation of a custom psychometric assessment globally:
• Consulting with 3rd party vendors to ensure assessment is valid, both domestically & internationally
• Assessing the risk & ensuring best practice is followed for: competency mapping, job analysis & validation activities
• Evaluating the training provided to leaders for interpreting the output of psychometric assessments
• Assessing adverse impact of current pre-hire assessment practice & strategizing ways to increase diversity & reduce discrimination in TA processes
Isle of Man Government, Chamber of Commerce – FUEL (PT Volunteer) October 2019 – Present
Eagle Lab, Queen Victoria House, 41-41 Victoria Street, Douglas, IM1 2LF
• Working with an Isle of Man government sub-committee to look at the future of work on the island: including wellness legislation & practices, parental leave policies, flexibility in the workplace as well as analysing historic census survey results to understand how we can support the government in their design of up & coming legislation
• Fuel act as a think-tank that inspire change to power the Island’s future, they share a vision to raise awareness and craft solutions that support both the Chamber of Commerce and the wider business community
Talent Management Specialist, Swagelok Manchester, U.K. (FT) June 1st - September 20th 2019
205 Cavendish Place, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, England, Great Britain, WA3 6WU
• Working with the Associate Resource Groups (Women’s, Emerging Professionals & Military Networks) to create structure around internal and external community engagement practices as well as develop processes for these groups to infuse and align with the business goals
• Developing associate engagement & listening strategies to be implemented in 2020, as well as partnering with a third-party vendor to complete a broad organisational analysis of diversity & inclusion practices within our organisation
• Project Management: Swagelok Women’s Network Annual Summit. A central member of the core project management team, responsibilities for designing, implementing & overseeing the annual summit
Human Resources Intern (J-1, CIPUSA), Swagelok Company Ohio, USA. (FT) January 14th – May 24th 2019
31500 Aurora Road, Solon, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America, 44139
• Key stakeholder in the selection of a pre-hire assessment vendor, providing industrial-organisational knowledge whilst preserving internal cultural perspective
• Talent management CCG lead for a global mobility project, designing infrastructure and processes through which we can share knowledge & resources across our global network. This project provided the opportunity to work with many distributor organisations and cross-functional corporate representatives to implement appropriate talent management processes
• Partnered with talent management leaders to create and deploy competency model to global distributor network, supporting the global leadership development strategy creation
• Supported compensation & benefits team in the review of the graduate tuition policy, through benchmarking with local organisations, reviewing policies and suggesting process improvements
Organisational Change Management, Swagelok Manchester, U.K. (PT) September 4th 2017–December 28th 2018
205 Cavendish Place, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, England, Great Britain, WA3 6WU
• Project work relating to designing, updating & implementing selection and assessment processes for the recruitment of new employees With the company growing rapidly, this project allows me to capitalise upon my background as an Organisational Psychologist
• Further projects relating to flexibility in the workplace focusing on fairness, equality and diversity interventions
• Work with finance & the managing director to identify and measure ROI of associate training, co-ordinate the effective delivery of the organisational goal setting and review programme
• Working with external groups to co-ordinate the company’s leadership development programmes, talent management processes and partnering with external coaching vendors
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£14||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£126||£120|