My 1-on-1 Acting coaching sessions are tailored to your needs and designed to help you to achieve your personal acting goals. These lessons can help you learn new skills that you didn't think you could learn and improve on the skills you already possess. The goal is to increase your ability to deliver a performance with confidence, impact and to get rid of any bad habits that stop you from being present in the moment and delivering your best, most creative and authentic work.
Things we work on:
- Acting technique for Camera
- Vocal Techniques
- Acting for Stage
- Audition technique (Before, During & After the Audition)
- Drama School Audition Preparation (Classical and Contemporary speeches)
- Accent Reduction
- & so much more
Due to the impact that COVID-19 is having and to minimise any further risk, Sessions take place on either Skype, Houseparty, Zoom or FaceTime from the comfort of your own home.
My name is Philip Kay and I am a professional Actor and Private Tutor. I was trained in classical Acting at drama school and have also spent 4 years teaching acting and tutoring in London. At present I'm represented by RS Talent in London. When I'm not tutoring I am working in Feature films, television projects and theatre productions as well as writing my own play. As part of being an actor, auditioning is also a huge part of the actors journey. I wanted to share my experience and training with other fellow actors and beginners who want to become better and more confident performers. All of my students have very different goals and aspirations. For instance, 3 of my students are not actors but made a decision to take acting lessons to help build their confidence and to help and improve their vocal technique (delivery, articulation, accent reduction etc.). A great reminder that the training involved in the craft of acting can help everyone in different ways. There are so many benefits to having consistent acting lessons, not just that they help you to become a more comfortable, confident and authentic actor but they can also help you to understand yourself better as a person.
I only ask that if you do need to cancel or reschedule your lesson, that you please contact asap to report any changes :)
- Acting with Gordon Steel / 2012-2015
- Classical and Contemporary Text with Gordon Steel / 2012-2015
- Acting - Reel Scene Acting School London / Completed 2019
Credits & Work Experience in Acting:
2019 - 2020
- 12 Messages / Gary - Directed by Frank Harper (TV Pilot) - RS Productions
- Domestic / Owen - Directed by Tristan Shepherd (TV Pilot) - RS Productions
- SumUp / Yogi - Directed by Matthew Simpson Commercial) - Ekstasy Films
- The Terror of Blue John Gap / Dr James Hardcastle - Directed by Ross K. Foad (Short Film) - RKF Productions
- BRKE shoot / Indie/Punk Rocker (Music Video)
2017 - 2018
- Hospital People / Dr Mark Gayles- Directed by Paul Murphy (Television) - BBC Production
2016 - 2017
- Wolfblood / Wolf - Directed by Jermaine Julien (Television) - CBBC Production
- Singin' in the Rain / Roscoe Dexter - Directed by June Walker (Musical) - Kings Production
- Hancocks Half Hour / Tony Hancock - Directed by Kieran De Andrade (Radio Play) - MTG Productions
- Hancocks Last Half Hour / Tony Hancock - Directed by Kieran De Andrade (Play) - MTG Productions
- Vera / Fisherman - Directed by Paul Gay (Television) - ITV Studios
- Snuff / Thug - Directed by Mathew Gunn (Short Film) - Green Dwarf Films
- Socio Network / Cafe Worker - Directed by Adam Bouabda (Short Film) - Couch Potato Films
- Kingdom / Charlie Macleod - Directed By Matthew Gunn (Short Film) - Green Dwarf Films
- Criminology / Icarus - Directed By Kyle Dollard (Short Films) - Last Page Productions
- Guys and Dolls / Chorus, Assistant Director & Choreographer - Directed by June Walker (Musical) - Kings Production
- Oliver! / Fagin - Directed by Danielle Paul (Musical)
- Fiddler On The Roof / Motel (Musical)
- Pygmalion / Professor Henry Higgins - Directed by Danielle Paul (Play) - Kings Production
WOW! What can I say? Phil was a great acting coach for me. He taught me things about myself and my own techniques that no one had spotted previously, which allowed me to really understand more about the way I approach acting and how even slight, subtle changes can influence the outcome of an entire scene. Life changing!
Philip’s lessons have helped me so much. From the first lesson I left feeling so much more confident. He’s a great listener and knows exactly the right technique for the right moment every time. Some of the topics are quite complex but he helps me understand them like no teacher has before. I’ll continue having lessons with him and I highly recommend him and his sessions.
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest improvisational theatre lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, drama school entrance lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|