I offer online tutoring sessions for people with a beginners and intermediate level of French. I can help you improve your conversational skills, grammar skills and/or help you prepare for a specific qualification, such as your GCSE or A Level qualification. You may have specific topics that you want to work on, and I can adapt each lesson to best serve your interests. My classes are fun, engaging and dense. They will motivate you to become a ‘true’ French speaker. My primary teaching method is to make sure that as much French as possible is spoken in the class.
I am a student at the University of Leeds reading History and French. I am fluent in Spanish; my mother is Spanish, and my father is Spanish speaking. I have always had a passion for languages, and I am keen to share my enthusiasm and knowledge with others.
I gave private Spanish lessons during my gap year in 2017. During this time, I taught three students. Their level of Spanish varied; one student was at a beginner level and another student was at an advanced level. I helped them practice and improve their grammar skills, reading, writing and oral comprehension and/or conversational skills. The students that I taught were not practicing Spanish with the intention to pass a test but rather out of personal interest. They noticed that their level of Spanish had improved with the lessons and thanked me for this.
In addition, in 2018 I volunteered as an English teacher in a primary school in Cusco, Peru. I taught children aged 3-10 years, and sometimes the classes involved around thirty-or-so students. I practiced my ability to plan, prepare and give classes.
I am 21 years old and I am currently looking for a part-time job and work experience. I am a student at the University of Leeds reading History and French. I have shown myself to be a fast learner, hardworking and highly motivated. Furthermore, I am a good communicator in English, Spanish and French. I am keen to use these attributes to successfully fulfil the necessary tasks.
University of Leeds, Leeds (2018-2022):
First Year: 1:1
Badminton School, Bristol (2015-2017):
A Levels: History (A*), French (A), Politics (A), Spanish (A)
AS Levels: Philosophy and Religion (A)
Redland Green School, Bristol (2010-2015)
GCSEs: History (A*), French (A*), Spanish (A*), LVS (A*), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), English Literature (A), English Language (B), Biology (B) Mathematics (B), Geography (B), Physical Education (B)
Hotel Arraya, France (June-August 2019):
• Answering all phone calls
• Responding to hotel and restaurant reservations
• Sorting and distributing post
• Keeping the reception tidy area
• Completing the hotel’s financial records on a daily basis
• Dealing with all customer queries
• Providing information about the tourist attractions in the village and the hotel’s history
Private tutoring (2017):
• One-to-one and group classes teaching Spanish
• Practicing my adaptability by planning each lesson to meet the interests of the student
• Practicing my organisational skills by preparing each lesson to a high level in advance
• Helping students improve their grammar skills, written, reading and oral comprehension and/or conversational skills
Noah’s Ark Pre School, Bristol (July 2014):
• Learnt how to work with children aged 2-5 years
• Organised events, games and outings
• Worked and communicated with peers
• Developed individual interests and experiences
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS:
• Bilingual Spanish speaker
• Confident French speaker having completed a two-week French summer course in Nice with the organisation Alpha B where I gained a B2 qualification
• Awarded joint first in the French languages debates in 2015 and awarded first prize in the Spanish Language Debates in 2014 and 2015
• Head Coordinator for the HOMED charity – responsible for leading the weekly ‘Sandwich runs’ in which sandwiches are handed out to homeless people around the City Centre of Leeds
• Proposer of Thanks in the BPWUK public speaking competition
• Participated in the BISMUN and the MUN public speaking programmes
• Student councillor 2016-2017 (Badminton school)
• Grade 5 Piano
• Grade 5 Speech and Drama (LAMDA)
• Member of the Kickboxing & Krav Maga Society at the University of Leeds
• Achieved the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award (2014)
Marta is a GREAT tutor!!! Our conversations were super engaging - we talked about culture, film, art, sport. It really improved my speaking ability. Would 100% recommend.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|