Teaching method is adaptive based on individual or group teaching. One to one teaching methodology is based entirely on individual's relative needs, hence, my methodology changes according to the student's potential, learning needs etc. I begin with asking questions to evaluate, the strong and weak areas , thereby plan to tackle the same.
In group teaching, I talk to each individual so as to evaluate the specific needs and the plan to teach in manner that may address the collective needs while sparing some time to those who need more attention.
The common strategy is ongoing assessment during the lesson via questioning or assigning little tasks.
I am 2nd year PhD student, owing to my passion for Mathematics specifically Statistics. I have been teaching Statistics at University level to undergraduate students for last 5 years in different roles, both in Pakistan and London (UK).
I also did demonstrations for R and Python Language. In addition, I have been providing tuition services from primary to A Levels for quite some time.
To be a part of dynamic organization, where growth is interpreted in terms of progress of mental and personal development and to research in a Leading Organization, which provides good learning opportunities in an innovative environment. Consequently, I aim to benefit from such elements, making best use of my abilities that may result in outcomes that lead to new avenues of progress for the organization in particular and society at large.
2016-2017 Allama Iqbal Open University Lecturer (Statistics) (concealed information)
Main responsibilities include:
• Teaching different modules at M.Sc. level and assisting students with their research thesis
• Writing down meeting minutes during department meetings
• Preparation of Self-Assessment Report (SAR) of MSc (Statistics) modules.
• Assisting in admission process i.e. evaluating eligibility, preparing lists of selected candidates for admission tests, interview etc.
• Voice of the department on university official FM Radio channel
• Coordination with students and faculty on different matters
• Organizer of SPSS workshops for other disciplines
• Effectively managed to meeting deadlines
2015–2016 International Islamic University Islamabad, (Visiting Lecturer) (concealed information)
Main responsibilities include:
• Teaching Statistics modules, (Statistical Inference, Design of experiments, Introduction to Statistics) at M.Sc. and BS level.
• Evaluation of students’ understanding by taking presentations and assigning group tasks.
• Setting exam Papers and marking of the same.
Achievements: Understanding the diverse needs of students’ learning and devising
means for effective communication with them.
2008-2009 International Islamic University, (Teaching Associate) (concealed information)
• Teaching of different Statistics modules and carried out effectively the assigned tasks of the department.
Achievements: Good communication and teaching skills
2007 -2008 MCB Bank limited, Pakistan (concealed information)
Credit Risk Control Officer, under Trainee officer scheme
Main responsibilities include
• To Deal with Credit Documentation
• Ensuring compliance of pre-disbursement approval conditions & execution of necessary documents along with their registration with concerned authorities.
• Monitoring of Approval terms, Covenants, Stock Reports, Insurance Policies &
Stock Inspection Reports.
• To provide quality service in terms of documents preparation, updating data in Focus, (Bank’s internal software)
• Coordination with branch managers via official emails
Achievements: Deep understanding of credit documentation and risk management,
Project & Team management, time management, effectively meeting the deadlines,
good communication skills. coordination with branch managers via official emails.
2017 to date PhD student (2nd year, Statistics) [Queen Mary university of London, UK]
2013 to 2015 M.Phil. (Statistics) [2-year degree]
Research Thesis: “Some Randomized Response Models: Design and Analysis”
2005 to 2007 Masters of Sciences (Statistics) [2-Year Degree]
Project Titles “A Survey report on Private housing Schemes”
“A comprehensive presentation on ISO’’
2002 to 2004 Bachelor of Science [2-Year Degree]
Major subjects: (Statistics, Physics, Mathematics)
1999 to 2001 F.Sc. [equivalent to high school]
Major Courses: Physics, chemistry and Mathematics
2002 Special Diploma in English Language with A Grade
Hussain, Z. and Farid, A. (2019). On Quantitative Randomized Response Models with Repeated Trials. International Journal of Engineering and Future Technology. 16 (1), 42-68.
WINNER Group winner of Data Camp at International Centre of Mathematical Sciences, Edinburgh (2018)
WINNER MCB BANK training, regarding major banking fields, was organized in staff college, MCB
BANK LTD Satellite town branch, Rawalpindi Pakistan (July 2007). I was the Second position
holder in Credit and first position holder in Forex.
POSITION Top Position holder during school time. Among top five during bachelors, M.Sc. and M.Phil.
Class Representative During 10-Years of schooling and at University. I organized different class functions and trips that involved both teachers and staff.
FINANCIAL GRANTS APPROVED
2017 PhD Scholarship by Higher Education Pakistan to study at Queen Mary University of
2018 Secured fully funded place for Data Camp at International Centre of Mathematical Sciences,
Edinburgh, for one week working on a British gas project
2019 Secured full funded place at European Study Group with Industry ((ESGI) at University of
Cambridge. Worked wit British Petroleum project as a group.
SPSS, MINITAB, R-Language, LATEX, Windows, Excel, Python
TRAININGS AND CONFERENCES ATTENDED
2019 European Study Group with Industry, University of Cambridge, UK
2018 International Center of Mathematical Sciences (DATA CAMP), Edinburgh
2018 Student Research Conference, University of Sheffield (UK)
Title of Talk: “Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments: A Review”
2013 Application of Statistics and Data Analysis (Quaid I Azam university), Pakistan
2007 Four weeks banking training on all major areas including, Forex, Credit, Branch banking, at
MCB Bank LTD, Satellite Town branch, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
English Excellent (IELTS Band 8.0)
Good Analytical abilities, Self-motivated, Team Player, Good writing skills, ready to take responsibilities, determined and enthusiastic towards learning and performing.
To be furnished upon, if required.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£140||Not available||£150|