I offer Oxbridge and University admissions tutoring, with particular emphasis on personal statements, TSA, BMAT & ECAA admissions tests, and interview preparation. I also teach Mathematics to GCSE and A-level. My teaching method is extremely individualistic and I'll try to tailor the lesson to the particular needs of each student.
Throughout the 1000+ hours of tuition I have provided, I have endeavoured to ensure that no two lessons are the same. This tailored tuition style has benefited numerous students over the years who have gone on to study at their desired university.
For Mathematics lessons, I will often assess the individual needs of the student before embarking upon any teaching. It helps to first look at the student's attempt at a timed past paper, before delving into the gaps in knowledge, incorrect methodology and other potential issues that need to be addressed.
With regard to the TSA and ECAA preparation, I find it useful again to have the student sit a timed past paper. I then try to analyse the best teaching method for the individual student - many candidates solve problems through different means, and there are often many routes to answering the same question in the TSA (some of which are quicker than others).
I'm an Economics & Management graduate from University of Oxford. I've plenty of experience in tutoring GCSE and A-Level Mathematics and in preparing students for the Oxbridge admissions process. I offer personal statement editing, TSA/ECAA preparation and mock interviews with detailed written feedback.
I'm based around Lichfield (West Midlands) and Oxford and can travel to Birmingham and surrounding areas. I'm also happy to tutor online via Skype.
22-year-old graduate with over 1000 hours tutoring experience in Oxbridge Admissions, TSA tuition, interview preparation and A-level Mathematics and Economics tuition.
University of Oxford (St Peter’s College): BA Economics & Management:
FIRST CLASS HONOURS (2016 – 2019)
• Scored within the top 10% of the cohort for Final Examinations
• Winner of Gibbs Foundation Prize for highest score in cohort in Management examinations
• Distinction grade in First Year Examinations, with the highest overall score of all students in College
• Recipient of the Governors’ Scholarship
• 76.1 in TSA admissions examination, placing me in the top 1% of Oxford applicants
King Edward VI Comprehensive, Lichfield, Staffordshire (2009 – 2016)
• A-level: Economics (A* - 98% UMS), Mathematics (A* - 100% UMS), Further Mathematics (A* - 98% UMS), French (A), General Studies (A*)
• GCSEs: 11 A*, 1 A
Tutor – UniAdmissions; Leading Education; Barkley Education; Admissions Tutors; Oxford International College; Doxa; Minerva Tutors; Superprof (October 2017 – Present)
• Planning and delivering insightful lessons to help students with university applications and aptitude tests
• Conducting mock interviews with students and giving detailed feedback
Admissions Helper – St Peter’s College, Oxford (November 2018 – December 2018)
• Ensured applicants were made to feel at ease and relaxed during their time at St Peter’s for interviews
• Administrative duties involved co-ordinating activities for candidates as well as walking them to their interviews in a timely fashion
Management Consulting Intern – PwC (June 2018 – August 2018)
• Earned valuable experience in producing client deliverables and leading presentations to clients and PwC colleagues
• Developed a wide technological skillset, learning how to use complex functions on programs such as Microsoft Excel and PowerBI, as well as understanding more about data systems like Xactium, P6, Oracle and PowerSteering
• Received an offer to return full-time upon graduation
Student Caller – St Peter’s College Telephone Fundraiser (March 2018 – April 2018)
• Built a rapport with St Peter’s College alumni in a bid to raise donations towards the College Fund
• Individually raised a total of over £6000 within a three-week period
Recruitment Assistant – Hollyfield Personnel, Lichfield (August 2017 – September 2017)
• Administrative duties included sourcing, uploading and reading CVs as well as telephoning all candidates
• Conducted face-to-face interviews in a professional manner, appropriately matching clients with candidates
Bar Staff - St Peter’s College, Oxford (April 2017 – June 2018)
• Serving a wide range of drinks and cocktails to fellow students, college staff and college alumni
• Responsibilities include operating the till, stock-taking, cleaning and tidying
Front of House – Horse & Jockey, Lichfield (February 2017 – April 2017)
• Improved interpersonal skills by engaging with all customers in a friendly and professional manner
• Worked both efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced and busy environment, coping well under high time-pressure
Tutor (Volunteer) – A-Level & GCSE (January 2017 – June 2018)
• Volunteered to help students from lower years in their A-level Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Economics examinations
• Assisted in GCSE Mathematics & Triple Science revision classes to help younger students achieve their potential
Finance Director (Young Enterprise) – The People’s Company (October 2014 – September 2015)
• Self-taught double-entry accounting, balance sheets, income-statements, and cash-flow statements
• Responsible for, and trusted with, creating financial reports, invoicing clients, chasing up debtors and handling large sums of cash
Work Experience – Josolyne & Co Accountancy, Macclesfield (July 2015 – August 2015)
• Shadowed different departments within the firm, including tax accounting, auditing, bookkeeping
Work Experience – Olivé Frédéric Lawyer, Limoges, France (2 Weeks, October 2015)
• Performed administrative jobs including organising paperwork, using excel and filing
• Interacted with clients, developing both general communication skills and spoken French
Accomplishments & Extra-Curriculars
• Active member of Oxford Economics & Finance Societies
• Achieved numerous Gold awards at UK Maths Challenge, with ‘Best in School’ accolades
• Duke of Edinburgh Bronze and Silver Awards
• Distinction in Grade 6 Drums and Pass in Grade 5 Trumpet
• Sports include Rugby, Football and Darts at Collegiate level
• Independent travel around Europe and South-East Asia
Andreas and I have worked together for many years with various online and in-person tutoring agencies. As such I can confidently recommend him as a tutor and mentor.
His planning, attention to detail and communication skills are outstanding. He has a deep understanding of admissions processes and of his subjects and always keeps abreast of new developments.
He also takes particular care to tailor a personalised curriculum for each student.
This is evidenced by an excellent success rate with admissions tuition and a high rate of returning clients. I cannot recommend Andreas highly enough.
Having known Andreas for several years, working alongside him at multiple tutoring agencies, I can recommend his services with absolute confidence. He is reliable, trustworthy and hard working, with his lessons always having a strong plan behind them.
Andreas has been an amazing tutor across all aspects throughout my Oxbridge process. He was extremely knowledgeable and thorough with his preparation and explanations during our sessions aimed at preparing for the Oxford TSA. Many of his own techniques and methodologies for tackling this exam really helped me to achieve the mark that I got. As well, our sessions focused on interview preparation were precise and comparable to real-situation conditions; always challenging but built upon constructive feedback. Throughout the process I developed key skills that in fact, improved my capacities as a student, beyond that of the Oxbridge-application context. Moreover, he is a very friendly and approachable person, and indeed was a great representation of the attitudes and mindsets that one would expect to see at Oxbridge.
essay writing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thinking skills assessment lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£110||£100|
|5 hours||Not available||£525||£500|
|10 hours||Not available||£1000||£1000|