Having studied Economics and Management at Oxford University, I have a strong command of the fundamental principles of economics and am able to explain these clearly to students of all abilities. Furthermore, my extensive experience of conducting economics examinations means that I am able to effectively improve students’ exam technique in order to achieve the highest possible marks.
I am experienced tutoring economics to students preparing for Oxbridge applications, including helping to prepare personal statements and providing mock interviews, and have a detailed knowledge of A-Level Economics syllabuses - having myself achieved an A* in Economics A-Level as well as from studying economics rigorously at Oxford.
I have lectured on a number of economics related topics to students at my old school’s ‘Guild of Economist’ society which I founded whilst at school. When teaching all topics in economics, I ensure that students understand the basic concepts of the subject material in the first instance before building upon this with the more challenging concepts.
I am also able to tutor mathematics and have experience applying mathematical concepts to the field of economics if students wish to stretch their understanding of the subject.
I have recently graduated from Oxford University with a first class degree in Economics and Management. I placed 3rd in my year in my Final examinations and received the Said Foundation Prize from the Said Business School (University of Oxford) for achieving the highest mark in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation exam. Whilst at Oxford, I was elected Academic Affairs Officer for Hertford College JCR and sat on a number of college committees to direct the academic policy of the college whilst advising students on how best to achieve their potential in their studies.
Before studying at Oxford, I attended a King Edward VI Grammar School where I was Head Boy in my final year. At A-Level I achieved 4 A*s in Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Geography as well as achieving an A* in my Extended Project Qualification which researched the effect of government intervention on the formation of financial crises.
University of Oxford: BA Economics and Management (First Class - Graduated 3rd in year)
● Received the Saïd Foundation Prize for the Best Performance in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation paper
● Awarded the Hertford College Scholarship for Academic Excellence
King Edward VI School, Stratford-upon-Avon 2010 - 2017
● A Levels: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), Economics (A*), Geography (A*)
● Awarded the Governors’ Prize for Further Mathematics
● GCSEs: 12 A* grades (Maths, English Literature, English Language, German, Biology, Chemistry, Physics,
Geography, History, Religious Studies, Latin and Ancient Greek)
TPP, Account Manager
Responsible for customer retention and sales acquisition in a healthcare technology firm
● Manage high level relationships with NHS managers and executives
● Evaluate sales opportunities and sell clinical systems into NHS organisations
● Communicate and market new product developments to customers
● Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the company
● Lead on projects designed to transform digital healthcare across the NHS
Percent, Sales and Partnerships Intern
12-week internship in the sales team of a retailer-based fundraising start-up
● Sold the platform to retailers prior to the platform launch in London, Leeds and Exeter
● Highest sales volume out of all interns (one hundred and eleven sales)
● Developed marketing strategies to improve the platform’s traction in new markets
● Analysed market data and planned launches alongside the operations team
Hertford College, JCR Independent Auditor
Sat on the audit committee for the college’s undergraduate common room
● Reviewed the accounts of the Junior Common Room on Excel and presented to the undergraduate body
● Oversaw the spending of the JCR’s £46,000 annual budget
British Fluid Power Association, Marketing and Operations Intern
● Formulated a new digital marketing strategy alongside the CEO
● Marketed a new human resources management service to member companies
● Reviewed and updated the company’s GDPR compliance policies
LEADERSHIP, VOLUNTEERING AND INTERESTS
Hertford College Football Club, 2nd XI Captain
● Elected captain by members of the club
● Effectively led and organised the team during weekly matches resulting in an unbeaten season
● Worked alongside the Executive Committee to oversee the running and funding of the football club
King Edward VI Grammar School, Head Boy
● Managed a team of 20 prefects and gave speeches at a variety of events
● Started the school’s sixth form lecture series – hosting Sir Michael Scholar and Kim Arif (CFO of NFU Mutual)
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, economics lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|