My ethos is to always create a fun, thorough, and varied curriculum, creating custom lessons according to a client’s individual needs, taking into account the student’s goals and focal points. Hands on and practical learning are key attributes of my teaching, always contextualising knowledge in real life situations.
I have always greatly enjoyed exploring new places and living in new cultures. As a graduate of French and Portuguese, I partook in a year abroad, spending six months in Paris, and six months in Brazil, where I changed locations roughly ever two months. Many of my students have had mild ADHD or learning difficulties, so taking educational breaks that are relevant to their chosen subject is important to refresh their attention span and create a fun and relaxed learning environment. I value interactive games that encourage students to put into practice the skills they have learned and enjoy their new abilities, while feeling like they are taking a break from the class. I particularly enjoy teaching maths and languages, so my lessons focus on learning new skills and then putting them into practice in interesting ways that provoke excitement and passion for the subject. I am relaxed and easy going, with a drive to see my students succeed in their subjects, so lessons are naturally a safe and comfortable environment in which to develop new ideas.
My name is Jessica Voicu, I’m a recent University of Oxford graduate with a BA in French and Portuguese.
I have extensive tutoring experience in French, Portuguese, English language, English literature, mathematics, numeracy, and literacy, and exam preparation. I have experience delivering online tuition across a range of subjects and for a great variety of ages and abilities. This summer, I accompanied a London-based family on their annual trip abroad as a live-in tutor and directed the online studies for their two daughters until the school programme ended. This included maths. functional skills, and teaching the full curriculum of classes online. I supplemented the online lessons with homework support, and outdoor classes, as well as daily French lessons.
Cancellation policy: lessons cancelled with 24hours will be chargeable by 50% of the rate.
Jessica Andreea Voicu
2015-2019 B.A in Modern Languages, French and Portuguese, University of Oxford
2:1 grade achieved, with distinction in Portuguese speaking
2016 - 2017 Oxford Finance Lab, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
Selected for the extra-curriculum program designed to develop execution skills through financial and valuation modelling workshops and real-life cases and challenges presented by top tier banks, asset managers, and private equity funds
2006-2015 Lady Lumley's School, North Yorkshire
A Level: A Mathematics, A Business Studies, A French, A English Language (AS Level)
Business, French, and English Language Attainment Award, Head Teacher's Award
Feb 2020 - present Tutor, London - freelance private tutor, Manning’s Tutors tutor
• Tutor in French, Portuguese, English literature, English as a foreign language, and mathematics for private clients and with Manning’s Tutors, for a range of abilities and levels
• Accompanied a London based family on their annual trip to Saint Tropez as a French tutor
July 2019 – Feb 2020 ORA Ltd, London – Investigative Researcher
• Conducted research for a private investigations company specialising in complex cross-border business intelligence inquiries; specialising in money laundering and financial corruption
• Trained in essential intelligence methods and methodologies, including: security protocols; OSINT (open source intelligence) and HUMINT (human intelligence) essentials; the principles of intelligence gathering, interview and interrogation skills, and the Intelligence Cycle
• Consulted high net worth clients on a range of complex and specialised geo-political issues, predicting business outcomes and assessing the impact of foreign affairs on corporate interests
• Completed extremely in-depth due diligence checks and asset traces
Mar – May 2018 Unique Language Solutions, São Paulo, Brazil - English teacher
• English Language Instructor to professionals, teaching groups and individual students from various Brazilian and international companies such as BMW, Royal Canin, AgroSmart
• Completed a training period to learn the Unique methodology, gaining the skills to use a variety of materials and multimedia aids to improve students’ communication in social and corporate environments
Jan – Mar 2018 Gas, Florianópolis, Brazil - Digital Marketing Intern
• Contributed ideas to, and developed advertising campaigns for Brazil’s top retail companies (for example Avenida, Artex, Bibi, Giovanna, Lança Perfume)
• Verified and updated content cycles for the aforementioned clients
• Sourced and presented references for clients’ Instagram and Facebook content
• Generated and presented content ideas for digital media outlets
July – Nov 2017 Euronext, Paris (The pan-European Stock Exchange) - Editorial and Corporate Communications Intern
• Formed part of the Editorial Review team, directly reviewing documents for CEO S. Boujnah
• Helped co-ordinate and run meetings, including the annual Senior Leadership Team meeting
• Remodelled the entire SharePoint Intranet system; ongoing project including creating exhaustive audit of all pages, running focus groups with managers, and working with the IT department to re-construct the site
• Promoted, developed and helped run the innovation campaign ‘ExchangeLab’
• Responsible for all internal employee communications, including but not limited to weekly newsletters, writing articles, internal events, promoting internal campaigns
• Wrote and published stories on MiFID II, Optiq (Euronext’s newly launched trading platform) and Euronext Block
• Assisted the HR team with the recruitment of interns, sorting through and selecting CVs, and conducting telephone interviews
Jun - July 2016 Global Data, Verdict Financial, London - Wealth Management Financial Analyst
• Independently completed the annual Wealth Management Report on BNP Paribas; 40 pages detailing and analysing M&A activity, launch of new products, and key financial performance during the last year.
• Contributed to the monthly 'Fintrack Report'; evaluating new FinTech based on 5 criteria
• Worked on the weekly Retail Banking 'Competitor Tracker'
• Created a weekly team newsletter and attended various team meetings
Feb 2020 – present Extinction Rebellion, London – Volunteer
• London headquarter co-ordinator and point person
• Took on the role of photo archivist and digital publisher for movements within the group
Sep – Oct 2019 Terre des Hommes, Bucharest – Communications and Research Intern
• Translated and edited official documents across projects and jurisdictions
• Data collection and analysis for ChildHub and Misto Avilean!, an international platform for child protection stakeholders to learn and contribute to, and a migration focused program that aims to integrate displaced Roma children into foreign education systems respectively, dispelling negative stereotypes about the Roma population through a child-led campaign
• Contributed to the development of Child Rights Now! annual conference
Mar – Mar 2019 Pamela Steele Associates, Oxford - Research Intern
• Pamela Steele Associates works with governments, international NGOs and the United Nations, to research, train and provide technical assistance, deploying technical specialists to strengthen health and humanitarian supply chains in collaboration with client teams
• Completed a research project on the integration and impact of new technology in public health supply chains in developing countries in Africa, looking at how technology can build the in-country capacity of individuals and organisations to reduce dependency on external support, engaging with technical supply chain reports
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
2016 – Present Photographer, (concealed information)
• Created a portfolio website from scratch, as well as a thriving freelance photography business based in Oxford and London, regularly photographing balls, events, and more
2014 - 2015 Head Girl, Lady Lumley's Sixth Form, North Yorkshire
• Began implementing the 'Digital Library' resources into the school's curriculum and online system, being the first to do so in the county. Over 3 months of daily intensive work with staff, students, and county representatives
• Represented the school at open evenings and sixth form events, delivering speeches regularly to large audiences or students, on various agendas
• Ran school council; elected members, provided meeting feedback to staff and students weekly
OTHER SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Languages: English (native), Romanian (fluent), French (advanced/full working proficiency), Portuguese (advanced/full working proficiency), Spanish (intermediate)
IT: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Lightroom, Photoshop, OSINT tools
Interests: Football, piano, photography
Driving License: Full
Dual Citizenship: British / Romanian
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|