I understand the importance of providing teaching that is engaging and fun as well as thorough, and so I always prepare a variety of activities which ensure that the student is actively involved in my lessons. It is also essential to adapt to the needs of individual students. I am happy to follow a particular syllabus if the student is preparing for exams, or to give more general help and support to those who are younger.
I am a 22 year old graduate living in Durham. I studied History and French at Oxford, and completed my degree this year with a 2:1. I have lots of experience in teaching and tutoring. During my year abroad in Toulouse, France, as well as becoming fluent in French, I taught English as a foreign language at a school, and also did some private, one-to-one tutoring. As a sixth-form student at Durham Johnston, I volunteered as a tutor of English for younger students at the school. I am happy to teach children and young people of any age, and can offer any school subject up to year nine (age fourteen), and History, French and English (language and literature) at GCSE and A-level. I can help with university applications for older students, and can also help with violin and piano practice as I have Grade 8 in both instruments.
21 The Avenue, Durham, DH1 4ED, England
(concealed information) (concealed information)7
University of Oxford, Jesus College 2014-2018
2:1 Bachelor of Arts in History and French (65% average)
Durham Johnston Comprehensive School 2009-2014
A-levels: A* in English Literature and Maths, A in History and French at A2-level. A in Physics at AS-level.
GCSEs: A*s in Mathematics, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, French, Latin and Music.
Lycée St Exupéry, Blagnac, Haute-Garonne, France 2016-2017
English Language Assistant:
- Led large class groups of up to 30 students aged 16-22.
- Independently prepared and gave lessons that focused on conversational skills, along with grammar, vocabulary, writing and reading.
Scala Arts and Heritage Publishers, London July - August 2016
Marketing and Publicity Assistant:
- Wrote and designed press releases for new publications.
- Was responsible for much of the email correspondence for the company.
- Researched potential new clients.
- Developed knowledge and interest in publishing, editing, and editorial design.
History Department, University of Oxford May - June 2016
EMLO Digital Fellow on the project ‘Cultures of Knowledge: Phase III’:
- Acted as a research assistant, helping to create an online catalogue (Early Modern Letters Online), which allows scholars to access seventeenth and eighteenth century correspondence.
Baraka Catering, London 2016
- Waitress for weddings and formal events.
- Worked closely with other employees in a high-pressure service environment.
Skills and Interests
Language: English - native. French - near-fluent (C2, Common European Framework of
IT: Proficient in Excel, QuarkXPress and MS Office.
Music: Grade 8 Merit (ABRSM) in Violin and Grade 8 Distinction (ABRSM) in Piano. Lead
violinist in Durham County Youth Orchestra, first violinist in the Young Sinfonia (based at the Sage, Gateshead) and in Oxford University Philharmonia.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|