I am a patient, understanding and enthusiastic tutor with a desire to get the best out of a tutee. My tutees enjoy working with me as I'm able to make subject matter more interesting, often by relating it to the real world around us. I spend a lot of time preparing and tailoring each session to the needs of the particular tutee and I am very experienced at accommodating for different styles of learning.
An Oxford graduate with 4 years of tutoring experience, covering a variety of subjects. Over 10 weeks of private residential tutoring experience, as well as hourly tuition on a regular basis, and experience teaching at a KCL summer school. Particular experience tutoring students for entry to secondary school. Outside of academics my passions include music, sports and politics.
University of Oxford (2015-2018), BA Hons Theology and Religion, Mansfield College
• Graduated – 2:1
Westminster School: 2010-2015
• A-Level: 4 As (Maths, Economics, History and Philosophy of Religion)
• AS Levels: 4 As
• GCSE’s: 10 A*s
2018 Residential Tuition
• Residentially tutored children aged 10-16 for Common Entrance and GCSEs for a total of 11 weeks. Subjects taught were Maths, English, Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Philosophy, RS, History, Geography and Latin.
2017 KCL Summer School (7 weeks)
• Taught Philosophy, History and Maths to classes of ten 15-year-olds for 5 days a week over 7 weeks at the Strand Campus, King’s College University.
2015-16 Private tuition
• Tutored a girl in 11+ Maths, helping her get into Wycombe Abbey School.
• Tutored a boy for CE Maths and Science.
• Tutored a boy for GCSE Maths and History.
2019 Associated Newspapers (2 weeks)
2018 Ropes & Gray (1 week)
2018 Founded and run club night, ‘Footnote’ (Oxford, 2016-2018)
2015 RBS (2 weeks)
Tomlinson (building company, Derby and Birmingham (2 weeks))
2018 NTS radio (1 month)
2017 Hosted weekly show for Oxford University official radio station Oxide Radio (2017-18)
2016 Programme Controller, Oxide Radio
DJ in London and Oxford (2011-18)
2016 Labour Party (2 weeks)
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Music – Play piano and violin to Grade 8+; guitar
Create my own music (acoustic and electronic) on Ableton Live.
Collecting vinyl for over 8 years, amassing 600 records spanning all genres.
Sport – Keen football fan, playing in a competitive five-a-side football league.
Play tennis weekly.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|