I first ask the student what they are most unsure about in terms of topics, in order to schedule out the most time to flesh out those topics and work through them methodically.
For example, my previous student was unsure about answering Lang & Lit HL Paper 2 Questions but confident in Paper 1 Questions. This meant I dedicated more time to Paper 2 Questions to build his understanding and confidence and then moved to cover Paper 1 Questions to ensure a well-rounded understanding.
After having a session with the student establishing where they're confident, their learning style, and clarifying which areas they think they need to work on most, I put together a schedule and a study plan which I then send the student.
I am an undergraduate lawyer at the University of Oxford. I completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) in 2016, with 40/45 points.
I tutor in an IB tutoring start-up called Holsem Education, where I helped my student with his personal statement and studying for English Higher Level Language and Literature exams. He received an offer from his university of choice and is currently sitting his English exams with confidence.
University of Oxford - Exeter College
Grade Level: Estimated 2.1 - Expected to graduate June 2019
- I am a private tutor for Holsem education, which specialises in tutoring International Baccalaureate (IB) subjects. I tutor in English Higher Level, Spanish Higher Level, Geography Higher Level, and Economics Standard Level. My student is currently sitting his English Language and Literature Exams with an increased level of confidence and has an offer from his choice university.
- I am currently a student ambassador and subject representative for Exeter College, where I introduce Exeter College to prospective Oxford students and I take part in presentations and Q&As about student life, as well as dispelling any myths students may have heard about Oxford. I act as a representative for Law as well, in which I explain the elements of a Law degree to prospective students, and what they can expect during their degree.
- I am a college representative for TEDxOxford, where I act as an intermediary between TEDx and students, allowing me to meet more people as part of this experience. I build rapport with students and advertise TEDx events to the student body at my college.
Kent College, Canterbury
Total achieved: 40/45 (equivalent to five-and-half A grades)
Spanish HL (7/7), English HL (6/7), Geography HL (6/7) Economics SL (7/7), Biology SL (6/7), Math Studies (6/7), and Extended Essay (A), Theory of Knowledge (C).
- I co-lead and co-created the Model United Nations group at Kent College, which
necessitated both leadership and organisation as we coordinated and planned meetings for a
group of 12+ students.
- I also worked as a part of the Student Executive as a Student Prefect in which I mentored and supervised students.
- I received the GA Spicer Prize in Geography
written comprehension - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business english lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£12|