My teaching style is very much student-centred and I have always tried to tailor my lesson plans according to the needs and interests of the students.
I received my doctoral degree (Doctor in Philosophy) from the Department of Education, University of Oxford. Previously I attained my Bachelor's degree from the University of Oxford, reading Mathematics and Education Studies and Master's degree from the University of Oxford, reading Comparative and International Education.
I have helped students from various disciplines and backgrounds develop both their research and academic writing skills for more than 5 years. The five-star reviews that I have received came from undergraduate, Master's and doctoral students studying in top UK universities. I believe that through critical discussion and guidance, any students could enhance the quality of their writings, from reports, assignments to dissertations. While my area of expertise lies within the field of education, specifically comparative and international education and multicultural education, I have worked closely with students from other social sciences and humanities backgrounds (ranging from Business and Management to Politics and International Relations, to Architecture, Arts, and Tourism). I have also had some experiences working with Science students (mainly Maths, Nursing, and Medical students) due to my science background and close working networks with doctors.
In research, I have led many independent academic and policy-making projects in the field of education and social policy and have published articles, reports, and book chapters on educational issues, ranging from education and diversity (particularly multicultural education), education and development, comparative and international education, literacy to international assessment. I have also had more than 10 years of professional experiences working as a teacher and a board member in a school (for students aged 4-17) in Indonesia
2015-Present Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education, University of Oxford
Working title on Thesis: “What is the role of schools in educating for Unity-in-Diversity in Indonesia?” Supervised by Dr Nigel Fancourt and Dr David Johnson
2010-2011 Master of Science Comparative and International Education, University of Oxford
Modules studied: Theoretical, Methodological and Systemic Studies, Education in Developing Countries, Foundations of Educational Research (Distinction)
Dissertation: “Chinese Indonesians post 1998: an exploratory study of educational policies and practices to promote positive inter-ethnic relationships in Medan area, Indonesia” (Qualitative approach). Supervised by Dr Alis Oancea
2007-2010 Bachelor of Arts Mathematics with Education Studies, University of Cambridge
• Mathematics: Differential Equations, Probability, Dynamics, Numbers & Sets, Groups, Vectors & Matrices.
• Education Studies: Psychology of Education, Philosophy of Education, Sociology of Education, History of Education, Language, Literacy and Communication, Educational Inclusion and Diversity.
• Mathematical Reasoning and Mathematics Education
• Mathematics: “Vector Calculus and Its Application”. Supervised by Dr Cathy Smith
• Psychology of Education: “Applicability of Self-Determination Theory in a Collectivistically Oriented Society: A Research of High School Students‟ Motivation in Indonesia” (Quantitative and Qualitative approach). Supervised by Dr. Ros McLellan
2005-2007 GCE A Level, Concord College, Shrewsbury, UK
A Levels: Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A), Physics (A)
AS Level: Spanish (B)
Mar-Jul 2016 Research Member from the University of Oxford for Education Project, funded by the Centre on Religion & Geopolitics, Tony Blair Faith Foundation
• Main researcher for the Indonesian case study;
• Method: documentary analysis and collecting data through interviews and questionnaires with students and teachers in a total of four schools in Jakarta and Medan. Analysis using N-vivo.
• The project looks to assess education systems worldwide on the treatment of minorities and ‘others’, the creation of identity, and the development of critical thinking
July- Sept 2014 Research Assistant for Assistant Professor Dr Chang Yau Hoon, Singapore Management
• Conducted literature search on misappropriation of funds by religious organisations and their links with businesses in Indonesia, based on English and Indonesian online media sources.
• Conducted literature search on the recent role of Chinese Indonesians in Indonesian politics, based on English and Indonesian online media sources.
July-Aug 2014 Research Assistant for Postdoctoral Fellow Charlotte Setijadi, Ph.D., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• Conducted literature search on Chinese soft power diplomacy and Chinese Indonesian involvement in China-Indonesia relations, focusing on Indonesian newspaper search over the last year.
• Full Scholarship Award from Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP) for Doctoral Study (Doctor of Philosophy in Education) at the Department of Education, University of Oxford (October 2015-October 2018)
• Presented with a degree of Master of Arts from the University of Cambridge (congregated 29 March 2014)
• 3-year bursaries from Cambridge Overseas Trust of the total of £ 18000 to read BA Mathematics and Education Studies at the University of Cambridge, UK (September 2007 - June 2010)
• United Kingdom Senior Mathematical Challenge Silver Certificate (November 2005)
• AEA Mathematics: Distinction (July 2006)
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCES
2011-Present Member of Board of Directors, Yayasan Perguruan Sultan Iskandar Muda, Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia ((concealed information)
The educational foundation was established with the aim of providing good quality education to every child regardless their social backgrounds. More specifically, it has missions to eradicate poverty and promote harmonious relations between people of different racial, cultural and economic backgrounds. My role and responsibilities in the foundation include:
• Developing and enhancing school programmes to meet the school vision and mission.
• Overlooking the development and implementation of multicultural education to ensure that educational practices are done effectively to reach equity.
• Assessing the performances of both teachers and students to improve the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
• Being responsible for the “Sofyan Tan Scholarship” programme; awards presented to talented young people pursuing post-secondary education.
8-12 Dec 2014 Interpreter and Liaison Officer, Analytical and Capacity Development Partnership –
Training of Indonesian Trainers on Teaching Methodology of Islamic Religious Education, a Joint Project of Oxford Policy Management Ltd, the Ministry of Religious Affairs of Republic of Indonesia, and the Department of Education, University of Oxford
• Assisted in providing consecutive interpreting services from/to Indonesian-English for Indonesian delegates of 30 religious education teachers and 10 education officials participating in the training with the Department of Education, University of Oxford
• Liaised and coordinated with OPML consultants on the logistical arrangement of the training, especially during the school and institution visits.
ORGANISATIONAL AND VOLUNTARY WORK EXPERIENCES
Oct 2017-Present Head of Education Research Division, Overseas Indonesian Students' Association Alliance
• Leading the division primary project on the writing of white paper report as part of policy recommendation for Indonesian government on strategies to develop literacy skills in Indonesia
• In charge of the running of monthly Education Webinar
Sept 2016-Oct 2017 Committee in Research and Strategic Studies Division, Indonesian Student Association in the United Kingdom (PPI UK)
• Coordinator of Education Indonesian Scholars Forum, a networking hub for Indonesian students and Indonesianists in the UK studying and having interest in education
Oct 2015-Present Head of the Education Research Team, Forum Generasi Sinergi
• Recruiting an education research team of 10 people, working together on educational research projects, focusing on aspects of comparative and international education, as enquired by the Ministry of Education in Indonesia
• Managing the project timeline and overseeing the research projects
Perfect! Highly recommend Tracey! She is the perfect teacher I have ever seen. In these two years, she is not the only one to help with my assignment. In fact, I worked with several people, so I can recognize what different from another person. However, Tracey really shows the high quality of teaching. She helped a lot with my dissertation. Thanks!
Tracey is an excellent tutor who I am happy to recommend.
She explains things in detail and easily understandable language. She is a very patient and her lesson is well-structured. Thank you Tracey!
Tracey is a professional and knowledgeable tutor. She has helped me tremendously in my dissertation preparation, giving good tips and step-by-step advice on how to improve my essay. Always friendly and dependable, Tracey is definitely the best choice as a tutor if you want to improve your grades. Highly recommend!
Tracey is a wonderful tutor! She has given me much more confidence in my bahasa skills, and she has such a bright and cheerful personality that learning with her is always a pleasure. I’m very glad that we met and would not hesitate to recommend her to others!
I contacted Tracey because I had problems with my dissertation. She was very nice and professional. We met twice till now and I actually I already feel a huge progress in my comprehension to the material and my approach. She is very knowledgeable and knows how to assist.
She is very punctual and available through skype or face to face meetings which give flexibility in the timing.
Totally recommend her
Tracey is professional, caring, easy to talk to, and always goes the extra mile. She tailors the sessions to meet your goals and she delivers. She creates excellent ambience where productive discussion takes places. It feels like two friends having a great work studying together. She explains complex issues at the right level and having graduated at both University of Cambridge and Oxford, she has been an inspirational tutor.
Tracey is a very good tutor. She's a person that is easy to get along with. Her teaching methods was easy to understand especially when you don't have the confidence and proper background knowledge
Tracey is an amazing teacher and a truely lovely person. She identifies exactly what is needed to improve my language skills and I would highly recommend her. I LOVE my lessons :)
Tracey was honest and helped me with my thinking process for my dissertation . I highly recommend Tracey to anyone writing a master thesis or PhD.
Amazing tutor! Very knowledgeable of many subjects and works at the student’s pace ! I’ve made a new friend in Tracey .
She was always on time and always available for discussion outside of scheduled meeting times .
Strongly recommend her
sociology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest politics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, citizenship lessons for all!
Taking moral and civic education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|