I consider myself a very friendly and approachable tutor who teaches in a rigorous way that gets my students to think and interact, but which also inspires confidence in them and their own abilities. When it comes to French, I pride myself on being able to teach to all ages and abilities and to explain complex grammar in a simple manner. My lessons are tailored to the individual needs of the students and are designed to meet clearly set out goals, whilst allowing students to both see and consolidate on their progress. My hourly rates are very competitive and I have experience teaching to GCSE and A-Level syllabuses. I am fairly flexible with times and locations, but failing this am more than happy to teach over skype. Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information.
Hi! My name's Kamran and I am from Manchester. I have been tutoring since I was at school in a wide range of subjects, from mathematics and physics to English as a foreign language, French and Mandarin Chinese. I am currently a second year student of Philosophy and Linguistics (PPL) at the University of Oxford and enjoy playing football and rugby. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like to know more about me!
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
St Hilda’s College, University of Oxford (2017-present)
Reading for a BA in Philosophy and Linguistics
Manchester Grammar School (2010-2017)
4 A LEVELS/PRE-U – 2017: Mathematics – A*, French – A*, Mandarin Chinese – D1 (highest attainable grade, given more UCAS points than an A* at A-Level), Physics – A
11 IGCSES – 2015: English Language A*, Further Mathematics A* (with distinction), English Literature A*, History A*, French A*, Biology A*, Mandarin Chinese A* (standard GCSE), Chemistry A*, German A*, Physics A*, Mathematics A*
Positions of Responsibility and Achievements at School
• Regular 1st XI footballer, team member in winning team for several regional tournaments
• Awarded more than a dozen school prizes
• Organiser and talk-giver at the school’s Chinese Society
• Form prefect and mentor for younger schoolmates
• Football coach to younger children
• Tutor in Maths, French and Mandarin
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Aug-Sept 2018 - Cardinal Maritime – Research Intern in Shanghai
• July-Aug 2018 - Kwest Research – Telephone Interviewer
• July 2018 - Manchester Grammar School – Telephone Fundraiser
• March 2018 and March 2019 - St Hilda’s College – Telephone Fundraiser
• Aug-Sept 2017 - Manchester China Forum – Project Support
• Sept 2017 - Kwest Research – Postal Worker
• Aug 2015 - Grant Thornton – Junior Intern
SKILLS, ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Winner of the HSBC/British Council Mandarin Speaking Competition, Advanced Category – 2017
• Member of the overall winning team (UK Team K) at the International Linguistics Olympiad in Dublin – August 2017
• Proficient in English, French, Mandarin and Persian
• Harvard Book Prize Winner 2017
• Bentwood Trophy winner for largest contribution to school football – 2017
• Full UK driving licence holder, with experience of driving MPVs
• Representative of Oxford University at football and rugby captain at St Hilda’s College
• Bartender and ‘Entz Rep’ at St Hilda’s College, responsible for the design and organisation of college entertainment, including large scale events such as bops (college parties)
• Fire marshall certificate holder
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|