I'm a friendly, enthusiastic student who likes my lessons to be how I would want to be taught. There will be some work to be done between sessions and then I like to be able to go through the work and explain it during the lesson. It is key to me to have a good relationship with the students because I would be more likely to try, and work hard if I liked the tutor. I will be offering tuition for every level from 11+ up to A Level Maths and Physics and entrance exams to university. My lessons can happen online as well, so can continue even with the virus.
I am a 3rd Year Engineer studying at the University of Oxford having achieved A* grades in my Maths and Physics A Level. While at school I was involved in the tutorial sessions where students helped less able students to understand the concepts and since being at university I have great experience in tutoring the students in the year below.
I am finishing my fourth year studying Engineering Science at the University of Oxford and am friendly, reliable, hardworking and a quick learner. I have very good people skills and am an efficient problem solver with vast experience in Retail and Hospitality. I have experience in tutoring different levels up to admissions tests for university.
Volunteer, Reigate and Banstead Winter Night Shelter
December 2014 – February 2015
• Working at a homeless shelter when I was 15 was particularly formative for me as I was cooking for and socialising with men and women who had been to prison, been kicked out of home or had just had some bad luck along the way. This really helped me with being so friendly and approachable.
• With my shifts being once a week starting at 5 30am it really improved my punctuality and ability to get up early.
Sales Assistant, St Marcus (South African speciality food and wine shop), Lower Kingswood
June 2016 – October 2016
Telephone Fundraiser, Pembroke College, Oxford
December 2016, September 2018, September 2019
• I worked for my college’s annual fundraising campaign. I was responsible for calling up the alumni of the college, updating them on what was happening at college and then asking if they wanted to donate.
• I had to quickly build a rapport with the people I was calling to increase the chances of donation. Initially this was challenging, but my strong interpersonal skills were an asset and I soon gained confidence. Across the 3 years I raised over £40,000 for my college and was the top earner in one of the campaigns.
Youth Leader, Lower Kingswood Beaver Scouts
September 2015 – July 2016
Front of House, The Well House Inn
July 2017 – December 2018
• I worked for almost a year and a half during holidays as a Bartender and Waiter in the Well House Inn Pub.
• Working a pub where lots of the trade came from regulars meant I was able to build up quite a relationship with lots of different people of different ages and had to be capable in meeting new people from different walks of life.
• Towards the end of my time working at the pub I was trusted to be left on my own in charge for a few days. This meant I had to deal with every problem that came up and work hard to ensure everything got done.
Food and Drink Assistant, Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club
July 2019 – September 2019
• My role started as a kitchen porter during the championships but after my skills were shown I was asked to be part of the year-round rota and work in a front of house role over summer because I showed good interpersonal skills. I have since been approached asking me to interview for a management position in the 2020 championships.
• I improved my skills in communication and working with people from different backgrounds as well as interacting with customers from all walks of life.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Pembroke College, University of Oxford
September 2016 – present
M Eng, Masters in Engineering Science
Studying a broad general course allowed me to embrace every aspect of engineering before specialising in the subjects that excited me. In my 3rd year my favourite modules were Biomechanics and Materials.
In 4th year my specialisation was in the application of image processing and computation to biomedical engineering. This involved learning a large amount of programming and having the chance to complete a project, alongside studying for exams, greatly improved my time management.
Wilson’s School, Wallington
2009 – 2016
Maths (grade A*), Physics (grade A*), Chemistry (grade A), Further Maths (grade A)
Economics (grade A), ICT (grade B, taken one year early)
6 grade A*s including Maths and English Language, 5 grade As
Outside of my course I love sport and have represented my college in 10 different sports in my first year at university as well as representing the university 2nd team in football and managing the college team. When at school I was a high-ranking member of the Combined Cadet Force and completed my Duke of Edinburgh Gold award. A combination of team sports and positions of authority improved my leadership skills while knowing that every decision should be made to get closer to the end goal of the team.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|