I try to make my lessons as interactive as possible, thus engaging student with a more active approach to learning. The use of graphs and diagrams is key to understanding in Biology, as well as some focus on exam style questions so that students understand how to apply their knowledge in an exam setting. I teach secondary school age student, including GCSE and A levels.
I have recently graduated from the University of Oxford with a 1st class degree in Biological Sciences, and am currently completing an MSc in Biodiversity management. I am passionate about science and education, with experience tutoring biology to High school students as well as being an environmental education leader. I have also worked as an Oxford University student ambassador and mentor, so have experience in advising students on the Oxbridge application and interview process. I also have an enhanced DBS check.
University of Leeds, MSc Conservation and Biodiversity 2020-2021
• Current student
University of Oxford, Lady Margaret Hall, BA Biology 2017-2020
• Achieved 1st class degree
• Awarded LMH Scholarship for excellent performance in First Public examination 2019
• Dissertation project on Bumblebee ecology, biodiversity and behaviour
Devonport High School for Girls 2011-2017
• Biology/Chemistry/Geography A level (A*AA) and AS Math (A).
• 13 GCSEs (11A* + 2A) including Math and English.
W tutors (3 months) 2020
• Over 45 online tutoring lessons in AS and A level Biology content.
• Planning and undertaking lessons with interactive and sylabus specific content.
Sustainability Partnerships Intern, Impacto International (2 months) 2020
• Researched and wrote articles related to sustainable development.
• Interviewed and communicated with impact-driven businesses to develop case-studies.
• Formed new partnerships with sustainable businesses for outreach and collaboration.
Student Ambassador for UNIQ residential, Oxford (2 weeks) 2019 and 2020
• Working as a team leader and supervisor for 16-year-old prospective applicants for Biology at Oxford.
• Supported students and assisted in running academic programs to help build their confidence so they could fulfil their potential.
Camp Counsellor and Dance teacher, Camp Walden, Canada (Summer) 2018
• Ran dance classes for children aged 8-15 as well as organising evening activities for them.
• Required initiative to give an individualised approach, and responsibility to look after the children’s personal safety in an unfamiliar environment.
Teaching Assistant, Kumon Maths and English, Plymouth (Part time work) 2015-2016
• Assisted children aged 5-15 in their Maths and English work, ensuring that they stayed motivated and optimised their learning.
• Managing under pressure when dealing with large numbers of children, while also giving appropriate attention to those who needed extra assistance.
Swimming Teacher, Devonport Royal Swimming Association, Plymouth (Volunteer) 2014-2018
• Volunteered as a qualified teacher and coach with swimmers of a wide range of capabilities.
• Organised independent lesson plans and worked collaboratively with other coaches at the club.
President of Oxford University Dance Society 2019-2020
• Organized room bookings and schedules, as well as communicating with teachers and other societies.
• The role involves a high-level responsibility as well as requiring good management skills.
• Teaching jazz and tap dance classes to students of a range of abilities and ages.
Volunteer for Teach Green, Oxford 2019-2020
• Running interactive classes for primary school children about environmental awareness and understanding the science behind sustainability practices.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|