I've produced many of my own documents to aid students’ learning and use a methodical but fun approach to teaching. With a diverse knowledge of subjects such as music culture/history and technology, I aim to give students a broad overview of all things music related.
I have many years’ experience providing Piano lessons to people of all ages and abilities, in person, in schools and online. Companies I've previously worked for include Open2Music and Private Music Lessons UK. While I specialise in contemporary genres and improvisation, I can also teach students Classical and advanced music theory to a high standard.
If I have to travel several miles, I may have to adjust my fee accordingly.
I am an enthusiastic, passionate and hardworking freelance keyboard player with experience performing live, producing and composing music and teaching the piano to pupils of all ages.
I have been involved with music from a young age, playing in a variety of bands and interacting with musicians from a variety of different disciplines. Since graduating from the Academy of Contemporary Music with a BMus degree in Professional Performance (2:1), I have taught students of all ages and abilities, contributed to several albums and performed original and cover songs at various functions, festivals and aboard cruise ships.
Key Skills and Experience
• Patient, easy to talk to, organised, well-spoken, creative and confident
• Able to lead or support other musicians and perform solo material
• 12+ years’ experience playing the piano and performing live
• 7+ years’ experience composing and recording original music/covers using DAWs and Sibelius
• 6+ years’ experience teaching contemporary and classical music to all ages and abilities
Party Band pianist/keyboardist – Princess Cruises
(April 2019 – present)
• Performing live to thousands of passengers every day (repertoire of >230 songs)
• Engaging with guests, playing solo sets, covering for sick musicians and assisting passengers
Head of Marketing and Rural Music Network Assistant – Young Somerset
(September 2017 – September 2019)
Assisted the charity in improving their image and engaging with young people more effectively. As part of a rebrand, created a new company logo, enhanced social media pages and produced high quality posters, leaflets and brochures. Also supported the creation of a much-improved website. This, coupled with a new marketing strategy, has led to a higher turnout at events run by Young Somerset, while also generating more interest among potential funders.
Successfully applied for funding to set up the ‘Keys and Production Academy’ as an assistant for the Rural Music Network. This initiative improves peoples’ confidence as they take part in free group sessions, interact with other musicians and expand their knowledge. Private tuition has also been established at a dedicated studio in Edington.
Freelance Piano Teacher and Performer
(September 2013 – present)
• Teaching the piano to children and adults in Somerset, encouraging them to perform and achieve their goals
• One notable achievement was improving a young child’s confidence so they could perform a concert at school
• Songwriting, recording and performing with original bands and artists such as The Maitree Express and DD Allen, and playing live with function bands such as Boulevard Soul, Soulside, Motown Gold and Agent Funk
Piano Teacher – Private Music Lessons UK
(September 2015 – September 2016)
• Taught children on a weekly basis in Surrey, preparing them for ABRSM and Rock School grades
• Made lessons more enjoyable with the use of technology, original backing tracks, scores and fun activities
• Selected a varied range of pieces and analysed them to aid students’ learning
Piano Teacher – Open2Music
(November 2014 – April 2016)
• Taught secondary school children on a weekly basis at a secondary school in Guildford
• Took part in school assemblies to encourage children to learn the piano and motivate them
Administrator - Datasharp UK
(June 2011 – August 2011)
Part time admin role for a telecommunications company. Tasks included filing electronic documents, editing spreadsheets and contact databases, calculating earnings using various formulae and conducting product research. Learnt how to accomplish tasks efficiently. One notable achievement included being able to complete a database that was left unfinished for several months prior to my employment.
The Academy of Contemporary Music – Keyboard Professional Performance (BMus) – 2:1
(September 2014 – July 2016)
• Student representative – influenced the new and improved module selection and timetable system for future students. Since 2017, this system has given students the freedom to choose some of their own modules
• Provided valuable feedback regarding courses and facilities to board members as a Student Union member
• Became involved with a variety of function bands and original bands in Surrey
• Performed as a member of many student’s final performance bands, often providing valuable input and ideas
Huish Sixth Form – A levels in Music and Music Tech
(September 2012 – July 2014)
• Music, Edexcel – B grade
• Music Tech, Edexcel – B grade
• Extended Project Qualification, AQA (analysing video game music, composing an original theme) – C grade
• Musical Director for a college-based function band
• Played in the college’s own Big Band and provided guidance to younger members
Ansford Academy – GCSEs
(September 2007 – July 2012)
• 12 GCSEs, (3 A grades and 9 B grades), ASDAN award in photography
(2005 – 2014)
Grade 5 theory: distinction; Grade 6 practical exam: merit; Jazz Grade 5 practical exam: distinction
(January 2017 – present)
Co-founded a highly successful mini festival in Somerset in 2017 entitled the ‘Butleigh Village Arts in The Park Picnic’. Michael Eavis (founder of Glastonbury Festival) opened the event where many musicians, authors, poets and artists performed or exhibited their work. Money raised was given to the local playing field association.
Oversaw the creation of promotional material, floor plans, equipment lists and other documents. Also ran the social media pages and promotion. The event received rave reviews from staff at Glastonbury FM. Similar events took place in 2018, including a very successful tour of Glastonbury by the Osiligi Maasai Warriors.
Online MIDI production work
(January 2017 – present)
Collaborated with several musicians online and created MIDI tracks for clients’ music projects. Examples include MIDI drum tracks for a pro guitarist in Australia and MIDI piano parts for a pro Jazz guitarist in Germany.
(March 2015 – present)
Spent several years co-producing mainstream pop music with producer Sudhan Gurung. Achievements include raising money with a charity single (endorsed by several famous Nepalese figures) after the Nepalese Earthquake of 2015; collaborating with popular Nepali singer Kamal Man Singh and most recently, collaborating with up-and-coming talent Aizen – the music video ‘Up In The Morning’ has over 115k hits on YouTube as of May 2020.
Videogame project: Star Wars: Battlecry
(September 2012 – September 2018)
Project leader in a team made up of enthusiastic, professional and hobbyist videogame developers from around the world. Worked on a free PC game inspired by the Star Wars Battlefront series and received positive feedback from numerous bloggers, industry professionals and fans across the globe.
Hobbies & Interests
Attended a monthly Jazz jam club in Wells and performed Jazz standards with fellow professional musicians. Performed as a solo pianist at events such as leaving parties and charity fundraisers; have played bass on occasion.
Took part in the National Citizen Service in 2012, participating in activities such as kayaking and abseiling, and on the 2nd week, volunteered at Ebbor Gorge (clearing trees to make way for a new butterfly reserve).
Keen photographer, graphic designer, gamer, cyclist and badminton player. Walked 45 miles in a day as part of the ‘Ten Tors’ hiking expedition in 2013 as a member of the Sea Scouts.
Other Skills/Additional Information
Many years’ experience using the OSX and Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, Wix, Sony Vegas, Logic Pro 9 and Logic Pro 10.
Cameron is a professional and conscientious teacher who plans his lessons according to his pupil's ability and requirements. He is very patient, has a warm and friendly manner and lessons are always fun and structured which helps keep you motivated. He has an extensive knowledge of music tech and theory and is able to teach every aspect of music making him a very versatile tutor.
Cameron is a very talented and experienced musician who teaches all ages and levels of piano. He's incredibly patient, kind and enthusiastic about motivating his students and encourages them to exceed their full potential! :)
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
Taking synthesizer lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|