I love to teach people who want to learn how to paint or draw fantasy. In the sessions we discuss how you can spark your imagination to draw or paint your fantasy world or subject. You draw sketches based on the lesson which we discuss during the next session. You also learn about different techniques and materials you can use.
I have been given lessons for more than 20 years. I had students from 9 years old till 50+ years old private (home based) and online. I enjoy sharing my skills and as much as I teach I also learn from my students.
• Ph.D. (Pending) The exhibition and collection policy of Edy de Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam 1963-1984, Open University, Netherlands.
• MA art history achieved in 2012 from the Open University, Netherlands. (8)
• BA Cultural Philosophy achieved in 2009 from the Open University, Netherlands. (8)
• Graphic Design LOI (Leidse Onderwijs Instellingen), (8)
• BM Flute achieved in 1989 from the Sweelinck Music Academy Amsterdam
• Online Courses on Art history and Popular Culture at Online Arts Education (2016-…).
• Ph.D. Conference Open University Netherlands Collecting Clusters (2014).
• Students Open University Netherlands (2013).
• Invitation for the talented graduates from Dutch Universities by the Research School of Art History, Utrecht University (2012).
• Re-writing course Graphics Design for the LOI (Leidse Onderwijs Instellingen) (2004).
• Orchestrating music for student ensembles (1992-1996).
• Teaching Music Theory, Music History and Flute (1984-2014).
Visual Art 1995-2017
• Commission Group Portrait
• Book cover illustration for The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife (Praeger 2016) author, academic Elizabeth Amisu
• Illustrations for The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife (Praeger 2016) author, academic Elizabeth Amisu
• Portraits in various techniques: Michael Jackson, Debbie Millman, Hillman Curtis, Jeffrey Zeldman, Jean Michel Basquiat, Joshua Davis, Harry Druijf, Frank Merx, Self portrait, Hans van Rossum, Louis Vierne, Jean Langlais
• Sculptures in various techniques: The oppressed human, Death, Scream, Form study (in possession of Elizabeth Amisu), Icarus, Argia, Model study, Love;
• Composer Fons Brouwer: Visualisation of the composition Mnajdra for recorder quartet in collaboration with visual artist Harry Druijf.
Graphic Design 1991-2017
• Illustrations for the book Ripe Earth by Elizabeth Amisu (March/April 2017)
• Book cover illustrations and design Short Stories by Elizabeth Amisu
• Book cover designs for the Sacerdos Series from the author Elizabeth Amisu
• Logo onlineartseducation.co.uk
• House Style (Logo, website, journal cover, companion cover) The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies (concealed information)
• Illustration portrait Michael Jackson for The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson. His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife by Elizabeth Amisu.
• Experiments with Flash AS3 / Processing e.a.: Drawing a path combined with Hype Framework, Bezier and Hype Framework, Hand drawn illustration and Hype Framework, Hype Framework combined with Webcam and Microphone, Say Boooo, Self-Portrait
• Web site Hagens Natuursteen: Web site, illustration for the header, logo design, photography, short film history, Booklet with photo’s of gravestones and urn’s. (concept, design, production)
• Web site (MAINart, owner) (video, photography, art);
• NomeKajakk (Norway): Web site, logo, film trailer + sub titling of the existing film;
• Visual Artist Harry Druijf: Web site (concept, design, production.)
• Intergamma / Gamma: Leaflet products for D.I.Y. shop, built-in devices
• University Twente: Logo, flyer, poster University Twente "Human Media Interaction"
• ATAG ETNA PELGRIM Homeproducts bv: Design product labels, Pelgrim, Etna, presentation shelf plan Pelgrim, Etna own brand for Karwei, product photography Atag Etna Pelgrim Home products, animation History ETNA (concept, design, production), logo design AEP holding, flash animation logo ETNA Home Products B.V., interactive product presentation ETNA. (concept, design, production), image editing ETNA Home Products B.V.; Dutch Society Music instrument makers: restyle web site, new logo (concept, design, production)
• Adriana Breukink Recorder maker: house style, web site (concept, design, production)
• Physiotherapy P. van Iersel: web site (concept, design, production)
• Gallery & Sculpture park Groeneveld: web site (concept, design, production, photography)
• Saniplaza: house style + web site (concept, design, production)
• J.C. van Rossum Orgelbouw: interactive product presentation, house style, web site, design image documentary (photography and video) Internet, + cd, (concealed information) Miscellaneous: flyers (organ player, Bijlmer language institute), design cd-covers for organ player Christine Kamp, design web site organ player Christine Kamp, multimedia production Karg-Elert for an enhanced cd commissioned by musicians C. Kamp en F. Brouwer
Film Animation 2000-2016
• Several lessons for Online Arts Education
• Book Trailer The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson. His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. (with the author Elizabeth Amisu).
• Teaser book trailer The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson. His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife.
• Film/ video for artists’ group Foundation Creator: Short documentary 'Mea Vulva', 'Dream travellers', 'promo Dream travellers' (concept, design, production)
• Film/ video (free work): Series short films 'Eyes', 'Boxed nature', 'Little blue tit', 'Drink, drink more, drink better', Short documentary: 'Marius van Wijk, woodcarving', 'Mieke Rijnders and Willem van Konijnenburg', Short documentary: Cabinet organ J.C. vn Rossum, Music video: Peter van Dijk en Tomas Flegr, Serie, Passions: Paul van Iersel Fysiotherapeut, Viz, Adrian Walton Smith, Private domain, Ad Merx. A renowned artist born in 1946, a journey through his studio, house and sculpture garden. Landscape impressions, the changes in our landscape, V1 – Twente, Silence (1min.)
• Short film Dagan Flute studio: Impression of the work and studio of Yizhar Dagan (concept, design, production)
• Private documentary Wedding: Stop Motion Animation, impression of the day, (concept, design, production)
• Twentsch Wijnhuis: Short impression culinary wine tasting on the Singreve property in Denekamp; Twentsch Wijnhuis: Short impression of his biannual wine tasting event. (concept, design, production)
• Harry Druijf: 2 short films. Interview and impression of the process of painting
• Animation: In Memoriam for my brother. (like the ancient Greek stele) (portrait drawing, concept, production)
• Short documentary 35min., The restoration and reconstruction of the organ in Saal (De restauratie en reconstructie van het orgel uit de dorpskerk in Saal.) A combination of music and documentary – Première april 15, 2005 Woudrichem. (Camera, photography, edit, DvD design, leaflet, invitation)
• Adriana Breukink Recorder maker: Short video Internet documentary "Two minutes with" A. Breukink (camera, edit, concept, design, production)
• J.C. van Rossum Orgelbouw: Short film J.C. van Rossum in Zaltbommel.
Adobe creative suite (Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects), Hype with Processing, Sketch-Up, Final Cut Pro, Soundbooth, Microsoft Office,
Certificates and Achievements
• English Academic Skills, tutor Elizabeth Amisu Academic/HE (2015)
• Copy Writing LOI (Leidse Onderwijs Instellingen)
• Optional Gerrit Rietveld Academy, painting and drawing after model with Henk Huig (1998-1999)
• Private tutoring visual arts with Harry Druijf MFA (1994-1998)
Karin is a wonderful tutor and mentor. She is incredibly trustworthy, very inspirational, and dynamic.
I know Karin as a very professional artist and tutor. She takes the lessons she gives very seriously and always finds ways to inspire
drawing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, watercolor painting lessons for all!
Taking acrylic painting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|