Work with the student to identify their goals, and then develop a plan that suits them. We can tackle specific problems, or discuss a topic more widely; adding depth to the text book knowledge. Discussing why you find a problem hard (so called 5 Whys) is a great way to get to a solution.
I am a passionate engineer who works in Power Systems Innovation and regularly applies scientific principles in the work place. I have a PhD and and Meng in Electrical engineering, with broad knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering principles.
MEng In Electrical Engineering - 2012
PhD in Electrical Engineering - 2016
Innovation Engineer 2016 - Present
Developing and leading International Collaboration Projects:
University of Canterbury – New Zealand
- As part of my PhD I was able to set up links with the University of Canterbury, NZ. This led to a three month placement at the EPECentre in Christchurch, where I was able to work with world leading experts in HVDC transmission. This short placement resulted in an IEEE power delivery journal paper and a continued interaction between the two universities.
University of New South Wales – Australia
- I also set up a placement at UNSW in Sydney after giving a plenary presentation at a conference in Sydney, where I worked as part of a two man team working on RTDS simulations of HVDC transmission and circuit breakers. This work led to an IEEE power delivery journal paper and a continued interaction between the two universities.
Polytechnic University of Catalonia – Spain/Catalonia
- I completed a collaborative project in my spare time with the University of Barcelona. This project was based on a novel circuit breaker design i invented. I led the development and direction of the work. This protect involved a four person team across the two universities, culminating in an IEEE power delivery journal paper. This work was completed entirely via Skype meetings and the relationship between the two universities has continued.
- President’s Doctoral Scholar Award: This award is given to the top 3% of PhD students from across the entire university at the start of their PhDs.
- Manchester Doctoral College Committee – Best contribution to internationalization Award 2016. This prize is given to the post-graduate student who has contributed the most to internationalization at the university.
- MEEPS – IEEE PES student branch 2014 – Best presentation
Masters of Engineering Awards
- Second highest grades in final year
- Third highest grades in penultimate year
- Power Academy Sponsorship with Siemens Transmission and Distribution Ltd.
- BP sponsored fourth year team project prize (First place).
- National Instruments sponsored project demonstration award (First Place).
- Six papers published in top IET and IEEE journals, seven conference publications and one patent, with over 100 citations in total.
- Started a High Voltage Direct Current newsletter which has now been running for five years. This has a mailing list of 150 direct contacts across 40 companies and Universities.
engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest electronics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electrical engineering lessons for all!
Taking electricity lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£125||£150|