My teaching style is focused on a wide and general approach to the subjects, is focus on providing link and connections among subjects, such us Philosophy, History, Politics, Humanities, Theology and Literature. My online lesson will be focused on the ermenutic apporach: interpreting the past with the eyes of the present.
I have been teaching for more than 8 years. My students class varied from 1/2 up to 32 (with up to 300 students por year). I have wrote and directed schoolpays, organized the school journals and the olypic games of philopphy.
QTS TRN: 1981987
A passionate and dedicated humanities teacher with a wealth of experience in teaching History, Philosophy, RE, and Politics across secondary and high schools. A key priority for me is to contextualise today’s world for my pupils by providing a comprehensive and comparative teaching approach across these interconnected subjects.
2017 – 2018: Teaching Methodologies for Italian as a Secondary Language (postgraduate vocational training)
2016 – 2017: Teaching Methodologies for Humanities in intercultural Contexts (postgraduate vocational training)
2014 – 2015: Teacher training – Universidad Complutense of Madrid
2010 – 2012: Masters in History – University of Padua (Italy) + ERASMUM 110/110 2008 – 2010: Bachelors in History – University of Padua (Italy) 110/110 2002 – 2007: Diploma di Maturità Scientifica (Equivalent to A-Levels) 92/100
01/2020 – Present: Humanities Teacher – North London Grammar School (London, UK)
Secondary teacher – University Foundation Course (A-Level equivalent) 09/2020 – 09/2020: History Teacher – St Mary Magdalene C of E School (London, UK)
Teaching history and Social Sciences (Years 7-10)
Family Group Tutor
Left due to family commitments – seeking a role closer to home
2019 – 2020: Humanities special needs high school teacher - Liceo Flaminio (Vittorio Veneto, Italy)
Teacher for 2 first-year pupils with autism (15 & 16 yrs. old)
2018 – 2019: CLIL History & Philosophy secondary school teacher teaching in English - Licei Bertoni (Udine, Italy)
3 x High School classes:
- 2 x Year 3 classes (16-17 yrs. old): History of Philosophy - The Pre-Socratic Era to modern day
- 1 x Year 5 class (18-19 yrs. old): History - 20th Century History
2017 – 2018: CLIL History, Religious Studies & Geography secondary school teacher teaching in English & Spanish - Collegio Immacolata – Liceo Scientifico (Conegliano, Italy)
1 x High School and 4 x Secondary School classes:
- 1 x Year 5 class (18-19 yrs. old): History & Philosophy - medieval to contemporary - 1 x Year 1 class (14-15 yrs. old): History & Geography - Physical and Human Geography from the 15th Century to present day
- 2 x Year 2 classes (15-16 yrs. old): History & Geography - Physical and human geography from the 15th Century to present day
QTS TRN: 1981987
- 1 x Year 3 class (16-17 yrs. old): History & Geography - Physical and human geography from the 15th Century to present day
2016 – 2017: History & Religious Studies secondary school teacher, Istituto Italiano Statale Comprensivo di Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
2 x High School classes:
- 1 x Year 3 class (16-17 yrs. old): History & Philosophy - Medieval History, The 30-Year War & The Pre-Socratic Era to Christian Philosophers of the Medieval Age
- 1 x (college) class (17-18 yrs.): History - The 30-Year War to The Elizabethans
March – May 2015: Teaching Training at the Bilingual institute Gómez Moreno (San Blas/Madrid, Spain)
March – May 2014: Supply Teacher – Protocol Education (London, UK)
January – February 2013: Volunteer teacher’s assistant at Sion-Manning Community Academy (London, UK)
- 2020: Safeguarding Children training
- 2020: Female Genital Mutilation - Recognising and Preventing FGM (Virtual College) - 2020: Prevent Duty Guidance Training (GOV.UK)
- 2018: ECDL (Specialised level)
- 2017: CLIL Mathematics and Sciences in English
- 2017: BES (special needs training)
- 2014: Numeracy and Literacy Test, United Kingdom
- 2014: Edexcel Reading and Writing Level 2 Functional Skills qualification – Idea Store Learning
- 2014: Philosophy Foundation Course: Philosophy for children.
- School trips: Prague & Poland (Auschwitz).
- Writing and directing a school play, including dance and music.
- Establishing and coordinating the school newspaper.
- Conducting school assemblies on voting rights, The Holocaust and the Romany Genocide to coincide with anniversaries and current affairs.
- Local radio presenter.
- Teaching additional classes around learning methodologies.
- Coordinating students for the national Olympic Philosophy Games, a competition where students receive a provocative quote from a philosopher and are then asked to share their point of view through an essay, to be judged by a panel.
- Faculty librarian.
- Italian, Mother Tongue
- English C1 IELTS 7.5/9 (C2 in progress)
- Spanish, C1 DELE (89/100)
QTS TRN: 1981987
Alberto is a passionate tutor that really loves his subjects. He's well-read, enthusiastic and great with children.
We did online lesson of Philosophy for 1 year! Great teacher an great methodology, he gave me Spanish lessons too. Excuse my english :)
Alberto has been my history teacher in Italy, and thank to him I am currently studying history at the university of Rome!
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|